A too-rare Sun Belt Tuesday game graces your television schedule this evening. We're sure you have so many questions.
• What information do I, the discerning consumer, require in order to consume this game? The Ragin' Cajuns and Mean Green kick off at 9 p.m. ET in Denton's Apogee Stadium. The game will be televised on ESPN2 and streamed on WatchESPN.
• Apogee Stadium? Sounds fancy! It's a smallish venue, but fancy is certainly an accurate descriptor. Read on for more on North Texas' attempts to make a sustainably designed athletics arena. The stadium was awarded LEED Platinum Certification last year.
• Is this the best combination of team names we will see in one place all year? It really is.
• What does "Mean Green" even mean? Origin stories differ, but the school does have an actual plush creature mascot, an eagle named Scrappy, who has his own menacing-looking website. We are working towards forgiving the Mean Green for not adopting a dragon mascot when they could have.
• What am I watching for here? Terrance Broadway continues his run at starting quarterback for the Cajuns in place of the injured Blaine Gautier, whom Mark Hudspeth says could return to the Cajuns in a non-quarterbacking capacity following wrist surgery. With a steady performance from Broadway and favorable winds for kicker Brett Baer (the team's scoring leader, currently leading the nation in field goals per game), the Cajuns should handily outscore the Mean Green. But it's Tuesday night football, and you never can tell.What's at stake?