• Bowling Green 26, Ohio 14. In the span of less than two weeks, the Bobcats have lost both their shot at a perfect regular season and an undefeated home season, but this year's class of seniors will still depart as the winningest in school history. Tyler Tettleton was sacked four times by three different Falcons, but he did manage to become the school's all-time leading passer, with his 145 aerial yards bumping his career total to 5,475. The Falcons scored 19 points in the second quarter and were led offensively by Anthon Samuel, who rushed for 181 yards and two scores. [BOX | RECAP]
• It's that time of year. We don't really get into recruiting as part of our bloggy antics here, but it's always proper to mark that special day on the calendar when the commitment of the nation's top recruit is called into question. Keep up with the movements of Robert Nkemdiche with this StoryStream from our friends at SB Nation.
• "There are some guys who are 'bro-ish' but he's alpha bro-ish." Bruce Feldman profiles the delightful Kliff Kingsbury.
• X's and Ouches. Now that he's had to go and explain it, Mark Richt will happily sketch out the mechanics of that swingset injury:
Coach richt took about 5 minutes to explain how he suffered his hip injury 25 years ago. Even drew on the whiteboard. twitter.com/TheReadOption/…
— Jonathan Branch (@TheReadOption) November 7, 2012
• We don't even have a joke here. Auburn is outsourcing the enforcement of its players' curfews.
• Flat lot of good it did them. USC has fired a student manager for deflating footballs before the Oregon game.
• Expecting big things from upcoming QB recruit Timmy Personal-Watercraft. Not only is Navy the proud owner of a five-game winning streak, but the Mids have also become the subject of what would be our favorite Jeopardy clue, if we ever watched Jeopardy.
• Which gives us plenty of time to all get off the grid. Prepare your families to disconnect from electronic devices entirely to protect them from the devastating media barrages that will ensue should Notre Dame be selected for the Rose Bowl.
• Tweet of the day. OK, this guy has a point:
@wsucompliance please note that your football players are not on twitter so you may want to let them know some other way — eric p.g. (@epg7786) November 8, 2012