Your Thursday morning nightmare; more Designated Reads
• Hey, thanks, catlab. For the night terrors that will surely stretch into the weekend. What is it about an upside-down Lil' Red that's so starkly upsetting?
• Blue pig sooie. Former Arkansas coaches think the widely publicized expiration date on John L. Smith's 2012 contract made last year's Razorbacks quit-happy. It's not the first time last season's squad has been accused of giving up by a party within the program, but Knile Davis takes exception to the characterization:
Quit?This is my take on it!!! twitter.com/BoobieKnile_Er…
— Knile_0r_Never (@BoobieKnile_Era) January 31, 2013
• Please enjoy the "Private Detective Course" targeted Google ad atop this article. "Now the foot soldiers of the NCAA, the investigators, wonder about the tactics of their boss. No one knows where exactly this is going to end." The South Florida Sun Sentinel gets face time with an NCAA worker bee. The Bylaw Blog cocks a bylawbrow.
• ”I loved Oregon. If someone says they don’t love Oregon, they’re lying." A highly entertaining interview with blue-chip defensive back and Florida commit Vernon Hargreaves III.
• Sandusky case update. A Pennsylvania judge has denied Jerry Sandusky's request for a new trial. Sandusky's attorneys plan to appeal to the state's Superior Court.
• Roster blotter. Mike Blakely, Auburn's third-leading rusher in 2012, has left the team.
• Schedule matters. Arkansas State and Missouri have booked a two-game home-and-home series, to be played in 2013 in Columbia and 2015 in Jonesboro.
• Realignment tidbits, grudgingly dispensed. Conference USA releases its new 2013 schedule under the 14-team alignment, while the Big 12 is hoping brand identity will be enough to grant it a conference championship game. • Misc. We're not so much caring about the deer antler spray story as we are delighted that the sentence "Alabama responds to deer antler spray allegations" exists ... USA Today's clown nose logo gets in on the fun ... and a lawyer lawyersplains the Ed O'Bannon case, for those of you just tuning in.