The American Athletic Conference and the Sun Belt have partnered with a third Orlando bowl game beginning in 2015, sources told the Orlando Sentinel.
The new bowl game is set to take place at the Citrus Bowl and will be managed by the Orlando Sports Foundation instead of Florida Citrus Sports, which oversees the current Capital One and Russell Athletic bowls.
Alan Gooch, head of the Orlando Sports Foundation, told the Orlando Sentinel last year that the group had considered "raising money for breast-cancer research through a bowl game.” Gooch declined to comment on any announcement on Monday, but AAC commissioner Mike Aresco confirmed in a teleconference that a new bowl partnership would be announced on Wednesday.
According to the report, the new Orlando bowl had been slated for the 2014 season, but was instead pushed back to '15. That means a total of 78 teams will go bowling after the '15 campaign, per ESPN's Brett McMurphy.