TUSCALOOSA, Ala - Alabama fans will get a first look at head coach Nate Oats and what his team brings to the table for the 2019-2020 campaign, when the Crimson Tide face off against Georgia Tech at noon.
All ticket proceeds from the game will go the American Red Cross Hurricane Dorian Relief Fund.
Here is the latest from Coleman Coliseum:
- Guard Jahvon Quinerly, who was denied immediate elgibility by the NCAA on Friday, was spotted in street clothes. Him and his family have appealed the NCAA's decision and are waiting on a response.
- Guard Beetle Bolden went through warmups and it appears he will see some playing time today after dealing with a shoulder injury.
The starting lineups are here:
The Crimson Tide will go with the same lineup that they had in their scrimmage against Jacksonville State last week: Kira Lewis, Jr., John Petty, Jr., Herb Jones, Alex Reese, and Galin Smith.
The Yellow Jackets go with Michael Devine, James Banks III, Moses Wright, Jose Alvarado, and Khalid Moore.
- Through the first four minutes, the Yellow Jackets lead 7-4. Jones and Smith have scored for the Crimson Tide on layups. Lewis assisted on both baskets.
- The first substitute for the Crimson Tide is guard Jaden Shackelford replacing Petty.
- After the first timeout of the half, Beetle Bolden and Javian Davis entered the game. Bolden nailed his first three from the corner.
- At the 11:23 mark, guard Jaylen Forbes has entered the game and will head to the free throw line when the game resumes. Forbes hit both free throws.
- Yellow Jackets guard Asanti Price slams home a thunderous dunk to tie the game at 16 at the 10:00 mark.
- Shackelford has provided a jolt to the offense nailing two three-pointers to help put the Crimson Tide up 23-16 with 7:36 remaining.
- It has not been the greatest display of shooting so far for both teams. Neither team is shooting above 38 percent from the field.
- The Crimson Tide defense has been stout up to this point, causing nine Yellow Jacket turnovers.
- The intensity has picked up on offense for the Crimson Tide, now leading 35-25 with 3:33 remaining. Lewis and Bolden have sparked a 21-11 run.
- Forward Alex Reese has now left the game with a limp and exited toward the locker room.
- At the half, the Crimson Tide lead 40-32. Lewis is the team's leading scorer with 12 points. He has also added five assists. first half
- Reese has reappeared onto the court in the layup lines warming up for the second half with no signs of a limp.
- The starting lineup for both teams in this half is the same as it was in the first.
- Petty has propelled the Crimson Tide to a 7-0 run to open the half with a three-pointer and a layup.
- Thanks to a three-pointer by Lewis, the Crimson Tide now have their largest lead of the game at 16.
- Shackelford and Davis are the first subs of this half.
- With 15:40 remaining in the game, the Crimson Tide lead 50-38 at the first break of action in the second period.
- Forbes and Bolden enter the game following the timeout.
- Three-pointers by Reese and Shackelford, and a layup by Forbes gives the Crimson Tide a 18-point lead, 58-40.
- The Yellow Jackets respond with a pair of free throws of their own, but on the following possession, Lewis hits a layup as he is being fouled. Free throw is good. The Crimson Tide are now up 19.
- Reese knocks down consecutive three-pointers to increase the lead to 67-44 with 10:27 left in the game.
- The barrage of three-pointers continue with Jones and Shackelford getting in on the action. The Crimson Tide now own a 73-46 advantage.
- A layup by Lewis stops a 6-0 Yellow Jacket run. Six minutes remaining in the game with the Crimson Tide leading, 75-52.
- After trading scores, the score is now 81-58 in favor of the Crimson Tide at the 3:47 mark.
- Multiple two-point baskets by Petty and another three-pointer by Shackelford, the two have been replaced by walk-ons, junior forward Tyler Barnes and sophomore guard Britton Johnson.
- Freshman center Raymond Hawkins scores the final points of the game for the Crimson Tide on a layup.
- The Crimson Tide defeat the Yellow Jackets by a score of 93-65.
- Shackelford led all scorers with 21. Lewis led the Crimson Tide in assists and rebounding with seven and eight, respectively.