Live Updates: Alabama Basketball vs Southern Miss
After two disappointing losses at the hands of No. 13 North Carolina and Iowa State, Alabama basketball faces off against Southern Miss in the fight for seventh place in the Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis.
The game marks the Crimson Tide's final game in the tournament, located on Paradise Island in the Bahamas.
Michigan upset No. 8 Gonzaga earlier today in the final game of the winners' bracket, leaving the Bahamas as tournament champions.
Stay tuned for live scoring and the latest updates throughout tonight's contest.
- Despite some power outages and other issues located at the Atlantis resort, the lighting and other functions at Imperial Arena have not been affected, and the game is currently still scheduled for an 8:30 p.m. CT tip.
- Alabama enters this game with an overall 2-4 record after losing to both North Carolina on Wednesday and Iowa State yesterday.
- Southern Miss has a 2-5 record on the season, losing in the first round to Gonzaga and to No. 14 Seton Hall in the second round of the tournament.
- Today's game is the fight for seventh and eighth place, with the loser being declared the overall last-place finisher.
- Alabama's starting five vs Southern Miss: Kira Lewis, Jr., John Petty, Jr., Herbert Jones, Alex Reese, Javian Davis.
- Referees for today's game: Mike Reed, Tim Gattis and Todd Austin.
- John Petty, Jr., scores the first points off the game for the Crimson Tide with two free throws. Alabama leads 2-0 with 19:14 remaining in the first half.
- Petty has been absolutely phenomenal this tournament. His two free throws were his 58th and 59th points of the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- Beetle Bolden comes off the bench and nets a 3-pointer on his first shot attempt. The Crimson Tide leads the Golden Eagles 11-4 with 15:49 remaining in the first.
- Kira Lewis, Jr., drains a three from deep. Alabama is now on a 12-2 run over the last 3:26.
- Bolden drains another three. The Crimson Tide is now on a 16-0 run over the last 3:56.
- Seven minutes into the game, and Alabama has yet to have a turnover.
- Petty nails a 3-pointer, and now is tied with Bolden with the most points for the Crimson Tide with six so far.
- Jaden Shackelford gets a layup off of the bench. Alabama struggled with layups in its game against Iowa State yesterday afternoon, but looks to have corrected some of its difficulties over the past 24 hours.
- Timeout on the floor. Alabama leads Southern Miss 28-12 with 9:46 remaining in the first half. The Crimson Tide is 63 percent from the floor, and is 5-for-9 on 3-point attempts. Alabama also only has one turnover over the first 10 minutes, a huge improvement over its recent slate of games.
- The momentum in the game has shifted in favor of Southern Miss. The Golden Eagles are now five of their last seven, while the Crimson Tide is zero for its last four.
- Draine for Southern Miss nails a 3-pointer. The Golden Eagles have now pulled within 11. Alabama still leads 30-20 with 7:42 remaining in the first half. Media timeout.
- Alabama now has a scoring drought over the last 3:09. Southern Miss on the other hand is now on a 7-0 run.
- Shackelford breaks the Crimson Tide's scoring drought with a deep jumper. Alabama leads 33-21 with 5:34 remaining in the first half.
- Konontsuk for Southern Miss hits the Golden Eagles' first three of the game at the 5:22 mark.
- Bolden hits back-to-back free throws, now leads the Crimson Tide in points with eight.
- After starting hot, Alabama is now one for its last 11.
- The Crimson Tide's scoring drought continues, and Leonard Harper-Baker executes the up-and-under with a good basket and the opportunity for a 3-point play. Harper-Baker made the free throw, and the Golden Eagles have now cut the Crimson Tide lead down to six with 2:32 remaining in the first half.
- Petty attempts a deep three, but the ball bounces off of the rim and up and over the backboard. The Crimson Tide is now one for its last 13.
- Southern Miss has a 21-8 run, and has cut the Alabama lead to three.
- HALFTIME: Alabama 38, Southern Miss 35.
- Southern Miss gets the ball to start the second half.
- Petty hooks it in for two, but Southern Miss responds with a three by Konontsuk. Alabama still leads 40-38.
- Harper-Baker hits a jumper for Southern Miss, cutting the Alabama lead to two.
- Lewis drives into the paint, but loses the ball for the Crimson Tide's second turnover of the half.
- Lewis redeems his turnover with a three, then displays maximum effort on the other end of the court with a terrific save of the ball.
- Bolden hits his third 3-pointer of the game, extending Alabama's lead to 48-42. Bolden is second on the Crimson Tide in points with 11. Lewis leads with 13.
- Media timeout. Alabama leads Southern Miss 48-42 with 14:06 remaining in the contest.
- Jaylen Forbes nails a three from the corner. Draine for the Golden Eagles follows suit with a three of his own. Timeout Southern Miss.
- Bolden hits his fourth 3-pointer. The Golden Eagles respond with a jumper by Stevenson. However, the Crimson Tide has increased its lead to 10 points with 11:34 remaining. Media timeout.
- So far this game Alabama has improved dramatically in its turnover game. With 10:35 remaining, the Crimson Tide have turned the ball over only eight times. Southern Miss has 13 turnovers and Alabama has capitalized with 19 points off of turnovers.
- Bolden hits a deep three, his fifth of the game. He now leads the Crimson Tide with 17 points.
- Bolden now has back-to-back threes, extending the Alabama lead to 67-49.
- Bolden is now on the bench, and the medical team has put a temporary cast on his left wrist. He appears to be done for the remainder of the game.
- Alex Reese hits a 3-pointer. Alabama now leads Southern Miss 71-53 with 6:38 remaining.
- Boban Jacdonmi for Southern Miss leaves the game with a left ankle injury after coming down on it awkwardly. He is now on the bench being tended to.
- Javian Davis has a breakaway dunk. With just under four minutes remaining, Alabama leads Southern Miss 73-61.
- Bolden has reentered the game. He appears to be fine. The temporary cast was evidently just used as a precaution.
- Petty slams down the dunk. He now has 10 points on the night and leads the team in rebounds with seven.
- Lewis hits a deep three. Alabama leads 81-68 with 1:35 remaining. Timeout Southern Miss.
- Alabama finishes the game four for its last four. The Crimson Tide defeat the Golden Eagles 83-68.