Today is ... National Winston Churchill Day
BamaCentral Headlines ...
- Alabama Basketball Lands Texas Tech Transfer Nimari Burnett
- Position-By-Position Breakdown Heading into Alabama's Second Scrimmage of the Spring
- Talk of the Tide: When Looking Around the SEC Basketball Landscape, No One's Stock is Higher Than Alabama's
- Alabama's Herb Jones Officially Declares for the 2021 NBA Draft
- The Mora Minute on BamaCentral: Why Najee Harris is a high-value pick, even in the first round
- Alabama Softball Wary of Hogs' Bats
- Throwback Thursday: Dave Magadan
- ASWA Baseball and Softball Rankings: April 7, 2021
- Trust the Process: With So Many Young Players, Nick Saban is Emphasizing Player Development
- Alabama Basketball Signee PG JD Davison Named to SI All-American Second Team
- Alabama's Edson Ortiz Named SEC Men's Tennis Player of the Week
Today's Crimson Tide Schedule
- Track & Field, Cross Country: Alabama at Crimson Tide Invite, Tuscaloosa, Ala., All Day, Watch/Live Stats
Crimson Tide Results
Women's Tennis: Alabama fell to No. 3 Georgia, 4-0, in a midweek match in Athens, Ga., moving to 12-10 on the season. The Crimson Tide was ahead in the second sets at No. 3, No. 4, and No. 5 singles before Georgia earned its fourth and final point to claim the win.
Track & Field, Cross Country: Senior Jake Spotswood had a strong showing in jumps at day one of the Crimson Tide Invite, finishing the day in second place of the decathlon event. He posted top marks in the long jump (7.08m) and high jump (1.99m) to close with 3779 points, trailing leader Chandler Mixon of Louisiana by 20 points.
Did you notice?
- Since the NFL is expected to adopt a new uniform rule, receiver Jerry Jeudy is tempted to return to the No. 4 jersey he wore for the Crimson Tide.
- Nike signed Jaylen Waddle. Among those welcoming him to the swoosh were Derrick Henry and Amari Cooper.
- As the Crimson Tide prepares for NCAA championships, Alabama gymnastics coaches were reward for their success during the 2020-21 season.
Countdown to the Crimson Tide's 2021 opener:
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
April 9, 1985: David Robertson was born in Birmingham.
April 9, 1988: A crowd of 51,117 turned out for the annual Crimson-White game, held this year at Birmingham's Legion Field due to construction at Bryant-Denny. Quarterback Vince Sutton was chosen as MVP as the White won 28-16.
Crimson Tide quote(s) of the day:
April 9: “I played sports for 60 years, and I think I’m expert at it, I know people and I know ability. Coaches are like athletes, and there are very few like in baseball who can run, can throw, can hit. Some can hit, some can’t throw or do different things. It’s the same with coaches, there are some who are the elite, the Mickey Mantles, there’s levels. … Saban’s he’s phenomenal. He’s that top echelon.” – Former Alabama basketball and baseball star Jack Kubiszyn (1956-58)