Crimson Tide Roll Call: August 2, 2019
Today is …
National Water Balloon Day, National Coloring Book Day, National Ice Cream Sandwich Day and International Beer Day
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener
Did you notice?
• Quinnen Williams says hello to the NFL:
• The Alabama women's basketball team is set to travel to Canada for its 2019 foreign tour when it departs for Vancouver on Sunday. It’ll also make stops in Victoria and Whistler, British Columbia, before returning August 11. The team will play three games against international competition:
Monday: vs. VK Select at 7 p.m. PT/9 p.m. CT – Vancouver, B.C. (Sentinel Secondary Gym)
Tuesday: vs. University of British Columbia – 5 p.m. PT/7 p.m. CT – Vancouver, B.C. (War Memorial Gymnasium)
Wednesday: vs. University of Victoria – 7 p.m. PT/9 p.m. CT – Victoria, B.C. (Oak Bay Gym)
• Alabama transfer Kyriq McDonald has been granted a waiver for immediate eligibility by the NCAA. The defensive back is set to play at Cincinnati this season.
• Sophomore linebacker Eyabi Anoma, who entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal last week, is no longer listed on the Crimson Tide’s on-line roster.
• An interesting post from Baltimore about Anthony Averett Jr.:
• The Los Angeles Chargers signed former Alabama defensive lineman Dee Liner.
• We’ll leave you with this …
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
August 2, 2008: John Mark Stallings, son of former Alabama head football coach Gene Stallings, passed away. John Mark, who was born with Down's syndrome and suffered from health problems related to a congenital heart defect, was 46.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
“To my brothers: This is the moment you’ve been working for since you got that first letter postmarked Tuscaloosa in your mailbox. Remember the excitement you felt that day. You’re doing it, man. You’re here.
“I would give anything to be able to take the field with my brothers one more time. So when you go out there put every bit of yourself into every single play.
“Every single play.
“You never know when it might be your last.
“Roll Tide!” – former defensive back Eddie Jackson, a quote on the wall inside the Crimson Tide football facility