Crimson Tide Roll Call: July 2, 2019
Today is … not what was expected:
Independence was formally declared on July 2, 1776, a date that John Adams believed would be “the most memorable epocha in the history of America.” Two days later, on July 4, 1776, Congress approved the final text of the Declaration of Independence.
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener
Did you notice?
• NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah shared some assessments of Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, and wide receivers Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs III on Instagram:
• For those wondering about the hype surrounding wide receiver commitment Javon Baker:
• The rookie ratings for Madden NFL 20 were released, and topped by former Alabama nose tackle Quinnen Williams with an overall grade of 80.
• Christion Jones is back on the field in the CFL as the Saskatchewan Roughriders won their home opener over the Toronto Argonauts, 32-7.
• Remember this quote from C.J. Mosley: “We Know the Whole NFL Is Sleeping on the Jets”
• Alabama lands another baseball commitment:
• We’ll leave you with this …
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
July 2, 1951: Former Crimson Tide stars Ray Richeson (guard, 1948), Vaughn Mancha (center, 1945) and Harry Gilmer (tailback, 1945) were all named to the all-time Sugar Bowl team.— Bryant Museum
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"When you win, there's glory enough for everybody. When you lose, there's glory for none." — Paul W. “Bear” Bryant