Today is … National Mother-in-Law Day (here’s to them, and especially mine).
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
• Women’s golf: Alabama at Landfall Tradition, Wilmington, N.C., 7:45 a.m. CT, Live Results
• Baseball: Southern Miss at Alabama (fall exhibition), 1 p.m.
• Soccer: Auburn at Alabama, 1 p.m., SECN+, Live Stats
• Women’s basketball: Auburn-Montgomery at Alabama (exhibition), 2:30 p.m., Live Stats
Crimson Tide results
Football: Alabama 48, Arkansas 7
Did you notice?
• Edmonton Eskimos kick returner Christion Jones had to be carried off the field with an injury to his left leg in the second quarter of the 27-24 loss to his former CFL team, the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
• That’s pretty good:
• With Angelica Moresco (69-70/139) leading the field, Kenzie Wright tied for second (71-70/141) and Caroline Curtis, (73-69/142) and Emilie Overås, (73-69/142) both tied for sixth, the No. 13 Alabama women's golf team shot the second round at 10-under par and extended its lead at the Landfall Tradition in North Carolina to 11 strokes. At 13-under par, the Crimson Tide had a healthy lead over No. 9 South Carolina.
• You think?
• We’ll leave you with this …
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
October 27, 1973: Alabama set a national record with 833 total yards in a 77-6 rout of Virginia Tech in a Tuscaloosa night game. Calvin Culliver, Jimmy Taylor, Wilbur Jackson and Richard Todd all rushed for more than 100 yards. – Bryant Museum
October 27, 1989: Mark Barron was born in Mobile, Ala.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"Paul Bryant was just tougher than the rest of us. That, plus his ability to make everybody believe in him, made his teams hard to beat." –Texas coach Darrell Royal