Today is... National Chocolate Cupcake Day
Check out and subscribe for free to our new:
Today’s Crimson Tide Schedule
- Women's Tennis vs ITA Southern Regionals, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Men's Tennis vs ITA Fall Regional Championships, Auburn, Ala.
- Men's Golf vs Jackson T Stephens Cup, Little Rock, Ark.
Crimson Tide Results
- Women's Tennis at ITA Southern Regionals
Loudmilla Bencheikh/Anne Marie Hiser def. Maggie Cubitt/ Safiya Carrington (LSU) 8-6
Ludmila Kareisova/ Kelsey Mize (OM) def. Anna Parkhomenko/Petra Sedlackova 8-4
Singles Round of 16
Petra Sedlackova def. Sabina Machalova (OM) 5-7, 6-4, 6-2
Tiphanie Fiquet (OM) def. Loudmilla Bencheikh 6-2, 5-7, 6-1
Petra Sedlackova def. Ariana Arseneault (AU) 6-4, 6-3
Kasia Pitak/Ola Pitak def. Olivia Elliott/Michelle Ncube (Troy) 8-3
Ola Pitak def. Kelsey Mize (OM) 3-6, 7-5, [10-5]
Jiayun Zhu (Tulane) def. Ansley Cheshire 6-1, 6-2
Anaelle Leclercq-Fisher (OM) def. Kasia Pitak 7-6 (4), 6-0
- Women's Golf finished fourth at -2 behind Wake Forest, Clemson and Virginia Tech at the Ruth’s Chris Tar Heel Invitational. Benedetta Moresco finished T3 with a 6-under-par 210 in the individual competition
- Softball Fall Ball Doubleheader
- Alabama 8, Memphis 0
- Alabama 3, West Alabama 1
Did You Notice
- Alabama Women's Golf Garners Third Straight Top-Five Finish, Earns Fourth Place at Ruth’s Chris Tar Heel Invitational
- Trevon Diggs intercepted Mac Jones for a pick-six...
- And then Jones went right back after Diggs for a 75-yard touchdown. (The Cowboys would go on to win in overtime.)
- Tua Tagovailoa and Jaylen Waddle connected on two touchdowns for the Dolphins in London
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2021 basketball season opener
On This Date in Crimson Tide History:
October 18, 1928: Legendary broadcaster Keith Jackson was born in Roopville, Ga.
October 18, 1986: Running back Bobby Humphrey had 217 rushing yards on 27 carries and three touchdowns to lead Alabama to a 56-28 win over Tennessee. He was subsequently named the SEC Player of the Week.
Crimson Tide Quote of the Day:
“I remember when Alabama came to the Rose Bowl [stadium] to play UCLA [in 2000], and several of the Alabama players came and had their sit-down with Keith Jackson. And I remember distinctly, one of the tailbacks, I remember he walked out of the interview with Keith, and he said to a bunch of his buddies that were waiting in the hall, ‘I just spoke with the voice of God.’”– broadcaster Todd Harris