Crimson Tide Roll Call: September 13, 2019
Today is … National Hug Your Boss Day
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
• Men’s tennis hosts Crimson Tide Four-In-The-Fall, all day
• Volleyball at UAB Blazer Invitational, Alabama vs. Georgia State, 10 a.m., CT
• Swimming: Alabama at Delta State, 1 p.m.
How to watch, keep up with the Crimson Tide
• Men’s tennis at Tide Four-In-The-Fall, all day
• Volleyball at UAB Blazer Invitational, Alabama vs. Georgia State, 10 a.m., Live Stats
• Swimming: Alabama at Delta State, 1 p.m.,
Crimson Tide results
• Soccer: Alabama 3, 0
• Volleyball: Alabama def. UAB 29-27, 25-18, 30-26
Did you notice?
• Former Alabama players running back Shaun Alexander, linebacker Cornelius Bennett, offensive tackle Chris Samuels were nominated for Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2020.All three were nominated last year as well.
• A little late news out of Miami regarding Minkah Fitzpatrick:
• Ken Rogers of the Dothan Eagle sat down with one of Nick Saban’s biggest advisors, Dr. Kevin Elko
• Playing his first round as a new member of the PGA Tour, Bobby Shelton shot an eight-under-par 62 in the first round of A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier, in Sulphur Springs, W. Va. He had nine birdies against one bogey to take an early two-stroke lead over Scott Harrington.
• Justin Thomas has a new scar on his leg following a scare at the dermatologist:
• The Alabama volleyball team had to rally from early deficits in all three sets against UAB, but completed the comeback each time to earn its fourth sweep of the season. Freshman Alyiah Wells led leading the team with 12 kills and a .409 hitting percentage. She also had five blocks along with senior Hayley McSparin and sophomore Mylana Byrd.
• Alabama men’s basketball announced that its SEC/Big 12 Challenge game against Kansas State on Jan. 25 will be at 5 p.m. on ESPN or ESPN2.
• We’re going to leave you with this, even though it’s not Crimson Tide-specific:
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
You get three today:
• September 13, 2008: Quarterback John Parker Wilson passed for 215 yards and two touchdowns and became the Crimson Tide's all-time leader in total offense as Alabama crushed Western Kentucky 41-7. The offense tallied 557 yards, the most by Alabama since gaining 644 against LSU in 1989.
• September 13, 1990: AJ McCarron was born in Mobile.
• September 13, 1989: Cecil "Hootie" Ingram, a former star football and baseball player for the Crimson Tide from 1951-54, was named Director of Athletics.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
“I guess I’m just too full of Bama.” – Tommy Lewis after running off the sideline during the middle of a play and tackled Rice halfback Dickie Moegle in the 1954 Cotton Bowl.