Today is ...
National Tackle Kids Cancer Day.
It's also National Double Cheeseburger Day.
Today’s Crimson Tide Schedule
• Women's Golf at Annika Intercollegiate, Lake Elmo, Minn., all day, Live Stats
Crimson Tide Results
Alabama shot the lowest score of the day by two strokes and moved up four spots into fourth place after posting a 4-under-par 284 in the second round of the Annika Intercollegiate at Royal Golf Club in Lake Elmo, Minn. Polly Mack fired off eight birdies, including a 5-under-par 31 on her front nine. She's tied for sixth overall at 3-under-par 141 going into the final 18 holes.
Did You Notice?
• Henry Ruggs III landed a shoe deal:
• Sports Illustrated reported than NCAA officials are set to pass a one-year waiver next month to immediately expand the 25-man football signing limit. Coaches will be able to replace up to seven players who leave for the transfer portal, making the maximum signing number 32.
• Former Alabama pitcher Jake Walters announced that he'll undergo elbow surgery and miss the 2022 season. Walters, who last pitched for the Crimson Tide during the 2018 season, is in the Marlins' minor-league system.
• Collin Sexton showing off some speed, but not on the court.
On This Date in Crimson Tide History:
September 15, 1934: Coach Frank Thomas took 11 of his players to Birmingham for the annual "Magic City Gridiron Carnival," where Alabama demonstrated its "Notre Dame Box Offense." Players from Auburn, Birmingham Southern and Howard were also on hand and helped run formations. Plays that puzzled fans were explained in detail by the coaches and players. Alabama was set to open its '34 season by hosting Howard at Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa in two weeks. – Bryant Museum
September 15, 2019: A weekend celebration of late quarterback and coach Bart Starr culminated during a halftime ceremony of the Green Bay Packers’ game with the Minnesota Vikings. The loudest cheers weren’t for NFL commissioner Roger Goodell or Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre, but for his wife Cherry Starr.
Crimson Tide Quote of the Day:
“If you’re ahead, play like you’re behind. If you’re behind, play like you’re ahead.” — Paul W. “Bear Bryant
We’ll leave you with this …
• After Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin said that Tulane "is an SEC team" after narrowly losing to Oklahoma on Sept. 4, Tulane responded by posting on Twitter a photo of its helmet on Tuesday night, highlighting its historical SEC titles sticker (1934, 1939 and 1949). Tulane withdrew from the SEC in 1966. It plays Ole Miss this week