Today is … Mayflower Day (On September 16 of 1620, the Mayflower set sail from Plymouth, England).
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
• Women’s golf at Annika Intercollegiate, Lake Elmo, Minn., 8:35 a.m., CT
Crimson Tide results
• Soccer: Alabama 3, North Texas 1
Did you notice?
• Senior Alexey Nesterov and junior Riccardo Roberto dominated the final day at the Crimson Tide Four-In-The-Fall winning both the Crimson Doubles Draw in addition to their respective singles draws at the Alabama Tennis Stadium.Nesterov def. Oklahoma’s Mark Mandlik in the Houndstooth singles final 6-0, 6-3. In the Crimson singles final Roberto defeated Ole Miss’ Tim Sandkaulen, the Rebels’ No. 1 singles player and first-team All-SEC selection last year, 4-6. 6-1, 6-2.
• Bobby Shelton shot the final round of a A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier in West Virginia at even-par to finish his first tied for seventh. He earned $235,625.
• In addition to former Alabama defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick asking for a trade, there are numerous reports that the Dolphins are also considering dealing away running back Kenyan Drake.
• Julio Jones broke Roddy White's franchise record for career receiving yards when he scored a 54-yard touchdown for the Falcons against the Eagles on Sunday night. It also scored the game-winning points.
• This quote will resonate:
• We reported at the game, but the visual obviously adds something to it …
• We'll leave you with this ...
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
September 16, 1989: In his first appearance in an Alabama uniform, junior college transfer Siran Stacy rushed for 169 yards and scored four touchdowns in the Crimson Tide's 35-7 season-opening rout of Memphis State. The four rushing touchdowns tied the school record held by Bobby Marlow, Johnny Musso and David Casteal. – Bryant Museum
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
“No man, I majored in journalism. It was easier.” – Joe Namath after being asked if he majored in basket weaving.