Crimson Tide Roll Call: September 20, 2019
Today is … National POW/MIA Recognition Day.
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
• Men’s golf at Olympia Fields/Fighting Illini Invitational, Live Scoring
Crimson Tide results
No games scheduled
Did you notice?
• Nick Saban on his radio show said that there were at least a half-dozen times when the defense wasn’t lined up correctly because South Carolina was going fast and the players didn’t get the call from the sideline.
• This is an interesting stat from ESPN, with three of the top four players listed former Crimson Tide running backs:
• Alabama is taking steps to help the fans beat the heat at Bryant-Denny Stadium:
• In case you didn’t know, the Crimson Tide wheelchair tennis team has won four national titles over the last six years (2013, 2015, 2017 and 2018).
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
September 20, 1986: Running back Bobby Humphrey rushed for 114 yards, and Alabama outgained Florida on the ground 223-42 during the Crimson Tide's stunning 21-7 win in Gainesville. The Gators had taken a 7-0 halftime lead, but Ray Perkins’ team completely dominated the second half in the first meeting between the programs since 1979.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
“If you think there is such a thing as an unimportant game, just try losing one.” – Gene Stallings