TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The University of Alabama welcomed back both its alumni with homecoming, and the 2009 national championship team, which was holding its 10-year reunion on Saturday.
The Crimson Tide looked to extended its winning streak against Arkansas to 13 games, as the Razorbacks had yet to beat Nick Saban at Alabama.
Here's the latest from Bryant-Denny Stadium:
* After a ton of rain fell on Tuscaloosa over the previous day or so, it's humid. Kickoff is at 6 p.m. CT (ESPN), but as 4 p.m approached it was 75 degrees, partly cloudy, 86 percent humidity and 70 dew point.
* The 2009 team will be introduced approximately 20 minutes before kickoff. Greg McElroy is in the house, but he's also calling the game for ESPN.
* Marc Curles' officiating crew will call the game.
* First players are out on the field. The fourth-team quarterback is Braxton Barker, the son of Crimson Tide legend Jay Barker. Freshman kicker/punter Will Reichard (hip) is not in uniform.
* Team captains today: Henry Ruggs III, Alex Leatherwood and Anfernee Jennings.
*Backup quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa seems confident and accurate during his pre-game throws.
*Injured freshman running back Trey Sanders is moving around better and standing and observing his fellow backs warm up.
*Freshman punter Ty Perine got a huge ovation when announced as a starter.
*Alabama won the toss and deferred until the second half.
*Josh Jobe was spotted covering the kick-off.
*Daniel Wright came in as a dime. That's new. He was replacing Jared Mayden.
*A 31-yard field goal by Joseph Bulovas has Bama on the board first after a 14-play, 69-yard march that took 6:27. With 5:53 left in the quarter the Tide is up 3-0.
*That 14- play drive was Alabama's longest offensive possession of the season.
*Christian Harris returned an Arkansas fumble to the 14 and Mac Jones hit Henry Ruggs III for an apparent TD that was ruled incomplete. Review time. Reversed. Touchdown. One play, 14 yards, and with 4:03 left in the period Alabama leads 10-0 after Bulovas' PAT.
*As info, Mayden is dressed but not playing. Nick Saban will address after the game.
*Arkansas turned it over again. A batted ball was intercepted by Anfernee Jennings at the Arkansas 48. It was broken up by Xavier McKinney. The play is under review. Result: Play stands, Bama ball.
*Jones hit Jerry Jeudy for a 14-yard TD. Emil Ekiyor is in for Evan Neal at RG. With 34 seconds left in the quarter its 17-0. Five palys. 48 yards in 1:26. The Tide is rolling.
*End of one: Alabama 17, Arkansas 0
*A Jones-to-DeVonta Smith slant went for 47 yards to the 16. That set up a 13-yard slant to Ruggs, and from the 1, Ale Kaho led Harris in for six. With 12:25 to go in the half Alabama leads 24-0. The drive was six plays, 70 yards in 2:16.
*Joe Namath and Jerry Jones have reportedly been spotted are here supporting their alma maters.
*An offsides penalty earlier on Christian Barmore seems to have given his snaps to Tevita Musika.
*Bama has scored on all four possessions. Lonely half for punter Ty Perine.
*An 18-yard Ruggs jet sweep preceded by a 24-yard pass to Jeudy set up a plunge by Harris from the 1. With 9:57 to go it's 31-0. The drive was four plays, 48 yards in 1:30. The Tide is pulling away.
*Barmore is back rushing from the nose in the dime package. Guess he did his penance.
*Barmore had a quarterback hurry to force an Arkansas punt. Alabama takes over at its own 17.
*DeVonta Smith is down with an injury after a catch. He grabbed his shoulder.
*With 5:38 to go in the quarter, Perine punted for 49 yards with a generous roll after narrowly avoiding a block.
*Not to invoke Derrick Thomas vs. Penn State in 1988, but Terrell Lewis has four quarterback hurries in 1.5 quarters of football tonight.
*Jobe is getting some time at left corner for Alabama.
*Patrick Surtan picked off Nick Starkel's pass and returned 24 yards to the Hogs. 25. Starkel is a former Texas Aggie.
*Offensive linemen Kendall Randolph and Chris Owens have both seen time at TE this half.
*Bulovas hit a 30-yard field goal to put Bama up 34-0 after a five play, 13-yard drive with 2:36 left in the half.
*Trevon Diggs strikes again. He just picked off Starkel and took it 84 yards to the house with seven seconds left in the half. At intermission its 41-0, Tide. Arkansas was in field goal range at the time.
*Chris Owens is now wearing his old no. 79 and playing center.with first OL.
* Jones fired 40 yards to Jeudy and the Tide leads 48-0. The drive was five plays, 62 yards in 2:48 There is 12:38 left in the third. When will we see Taulia?k (Don't ask Saban.)
* Nick Saban halftime quote: "There are things we can do better. They put #9 (John Stephen Jones) in at quarterback, and we didn't play the read sweep very well, so we've got to get some things fixed at halftime. Turnovers are the biggest difference in the game. It set up great field position. We're doing a pretty good job, and Mac's (Jones) doing a good job on offense. We've just got to finish strong."
*John Metchie and Jaylen Armour-Davis have subbed in on kick-off coverage. Jaylen Moody was called for unsportsmanlike conduct after the kick.
*DeVonta Smith has an injured left shoulder and is in street clothes on the sideline.
*Taulia Tagovailoa is in and got a HUGE cheer.
*With the roll, Perine's second punt went for 46 yards to the 15. It would seem the punting position is finally settled.
*Jobe is seeing a lot ot time with the ones at LCB.
*Fun fact: Razorbacks QB John Stephen Jones is Jerry's grandson.
*Chris Allen has replaced Jennings at OLB.
*After three quarters it's 48-0 but Arkansas is on the door step at the 8.
*Jones has Arkansas on the board with an 8-yard TD pass to Cheyenne McGrady. There is 14:52 left.
*The offensive tackles are now Tommy Brown and Matt Womack.
*Metchie and Tyrell Shavers are at WR. Jahleel Billingsley at H-back.
*One of the Alabama offensive flash cards has a red solo cup.
*Keilan Robinson is getting carries at RB.