It was a pretty quiet weekend for former Alabama players in the NFL, although there were more than enough from the Crimson Tide go around.
For example, wide receiver Robert Foster made his season debut with Washington, while Gehrig Dieter played for the Chiefs. Steelers center J.C. Hassenauer played for the Steelers.
Speaking of offensive linemen, we want to give them some love on his holiday week. Starters included:
- Bradley Bozeman at left guard, with D.J. Fluker at right tackle for the Ravens
- James Carpenter at left guard for the Falcons
- Ryan Kelly at center for the Colts
- Cam Robinson at left tackle for the Jaguars
- Jonah Williams at left tackle for the Bengals after missing two games with a stinger
- Jedrick Wills Jr. at left tackle for the Browns
Some honorable mentions this week:
Linebacker Rashaan Evans had nine tackles to lead the Titans.
Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey made eight tackles, including one behind the line of scrimmage.
Cardinals cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick had seven tackles against the Seahawks.
Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper had six catches for 81 yards against the Vikings.
5) Calvin Ridley, WR, Falcons
After logging three consecutive limited practices due to a foot injury, Ridley had five catches for 90 yards, including a 46-yard gain.
4) Raekwon Davis, NT, Dolphins
He was credited with just three tackles, but he was very disruptive against the Broncos. As they say, someone has lit a fire under Davis, who has looked like a different player the last two weeks.
3) Reggie Ragland, LB, Lions
The Lions had a rough game against the Panthers, but Ragland was one of the bright spots with three tackles and a forced fumble.
2) Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Steelers
With two interceptions against the Jaguars, including one at the 2-yard-line, Fitzpatrick's turnover streak has he's created six over the past six games. He was also credited with five tackles.
1) Derrick Henry, RB, Titans
Henry picked a great time to have his best carry against the Ravens, 29 yards for a game-winning touchdown in overtime. He finished with 22 carries for 133 rushing yards, and was the first player to go over 1,000 this season.
Check out out weekly tracker of Alabama players in the NFL, plus our elaborate database that's unlike anything you'll see elsewhere in the Internet.
The Bama in the NFL Database
Top 5 Alabama Players in the NFL will appear every Tuesday on BamaCentral, and also as part of The Jay Barker Show.