Recruiting Round-up: JC offers galore
Among the states being hit by the coaching staff were Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Texas, Georgia and in-state school, especially the Phoenix area.
One notable coach on the road was new linebackers coach Hank Hobson. The former Wildcat was promoted last week after serving as a graduate assistant.
Arizona coaches made a push for junior college talent, especially on the defensive end. Over the past few days Arizona coaches have offered at least six junior college players, with four coming on the defensive side of the ball.
- Ami Finau – 6-2, 320, Defensive Tackle – Independence CC/Trinity HS
- Jeremy Flax – 6-6, 320, Offensive Lineman – Independence CC/Detroit, MI
- Rich Hall – Safety – Independence CC
- Khyree Jacksonn – 6-3, 185, Corner Back – Fort Scott CC/
- DeVere Levelston – 6-4, 255, Defensive End – Tyler JC/DeSoto HS –
- Mosiah Nasil-Kite – 6-2, 298, Defensive Lineman – Independence CC/
It is obvious the Cats are making a push to use JUCO talent to shore up trouble areas. They have offered over a dozen junior college players including three offensive linemen, five defensive ends, four defensive tackles and a defensive back.
Arizona coaches also handed out some 2021 offers, including three at Queen Creek High School in the Phoenix area.
- Hunter Barth – 6-2, 195, Safety - Queen Creek (AZ) HS (2021)
- Krew Jackson – 6-5, 200, Safety - Queen Creek (AZ) HS (2021)
- Trey Reynolds – 6-2, 225, Linebacker – Queen Creek (AZ) HS (2021)
- Shemar Turner – 6-4, 260, Defensive end – DeSoto (TX) HS (2021)
Expect more offers to emerge over the next few days. In fact one, Rich Hall, became public during the writing of this story. We will update the story as it progresses.