ACC Announces Changes In Bowl Lineup For 2020-25
BC Football could see a change in their bowl destinations in the future as the ACC announced today the new bowl lineup starting in 2020. As announced by a press release the following will be bowls with ACC tie-ins:
- Belk Bowl (Charlotte, North Carolina)
- Camping World Bowl (Orlando, Florida)
- Hyundai Sun Bowl (El Paso, Texas)
- Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman (Annapolis, Maryland)
- New Era Pinstripe Bowl (New York City)
- Outback Bowl (Tampa, Florida) – if the ACC’s opponent in the Capital One Orange Bowl is from the Big Ten
- San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl (San Diego, California)
- TaxSlayer Gator Bowl (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Bowl game (Boston, Massachusetts) – managed by ESPN Events and Fenway Sports Management
ESPN Events and the following bowls will collaborate on the selection of one ACC team.
- Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl (Tampa, Florida)
- Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Alabama)
- SERVPRO First Responder Bowl (Dallas, Texas)
There is a lot to digest here. First off, there are two major bowls that BC has been in lately that are no longer associated with the ACC. That would be the Independence Bowl in Shreveport and the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit. Honestly, I don't think any BC fans are going to mourn the loss of either of those bowls, as neither are destinations that many are going to want to travel to.
Secondly, the new bowls have some interesting ramifications for the Eagles. San Diego for the Holiday Bowl sounds like a slam dunk, as California is a great destination for BC fans, and there is a huge contingent of BC alums in that area. Boston is a bit worrisome, because many fans are kind of done going to a baseball stadium for a football game, and because this bowl also has an AAC tie in. Hopefully, the ACC doesn't constantly put BC in this bowl as it would really get tiresome for Eagles fans.
Let's just not hope BC doesn't get stuck at the Gasparilla Bowl anytime soon.