Jackson State's Deion Sanders will miss coaching his third-straight football game as the Tigers head coach. Football Scoop's John Bice reports, "Sanders has endured an extended hospitalization and complicated recovery."
Sanders remains under his doctor's orders to stay off his feet and recover from the foot surgery on September 22. He immediately coached the next two weeks of football action before being advised against being on the sidelines.
I reported last week of Coach Prime's hospitalization from an article by Larry Brown's Gary Papke.
Deion Sanders' has not seen in public since the news broke of his hospital stay. His whereabouts remain private.
Jackson State has not provided details of the severity of his after-surgery complications.
As interim head coach, Gary Harrell is 2-0 and will continue to direct the team in Week 10 against Texas Southern.
The Tigers are fighting to remain on top of the SWAC East division with an overall 7-1, 5-0 SWAC record. Jackson State team is ranked No. 17 in the FCS Coaches poll for Week 10.
Sanders posted an inspirational video on social media for fans:
Blow the Whistle!
MORE HBCU SPORTS COVERAGE
- THE TOP 5 HBCU TEAMS FOR WEEK 10
- HBCU Football Scores in Week 9
- Deion Sanders Posts Appreciation While Recovering
- Report: Deion Sanders Hospitalized
- Could FBS Schools Be Overlooking Deion Sanders as a Head Coach?
- Morehouse College's 3-Game Winning Streak
- SWAC's Tope Dawgs on a Collision Course
- MEAC Selects First Female Commissioner
- FAMU AD Wants More Inclusion for HBCU Schools in FCS Playoffs
- Who Has the Best HBCU Defense? Jackson State or Florida A&M?