East Lansing, Mich. – Michigan State took a slight dip in the latest bracketology update.
The Spartans are still safely in the field of 68; however, Joe Lunardi dropped them from a 4-seed to a 5-seed.
MSU, placed in the East Region (Philadelphia), is projected to face the winner of Colorado St. vs. Richmond, two teams competing in the First Four.
The top seeds in Michigan State's region are Kansas (1), Purdue (2), Villanova (3), and Tennessee (4).
Lunardi's first release featured the Spartans as a 4-seed in the Midwest Region playing 13-seed Colgate.
The change is presumably due to roster changes where the Spartans lost Aaron Henry to the NBA draft while Joshua Langford retired from competitive basketball.
Big Ten Matchups
- 6 USC vs. 11 Iowa (West Region)
- 2 Ohio State vs. 15 Yale (West Region)
- 5 MSU vs. 12 Colorado St./Richmond (East Region)
- 2 Purdue vs. 15 Montana (East Region)
- 1 Michigan vs. 16 Vermont (South Region)
- 6 Illinois vs. 11 Colorado (South Region)
- 7 Indiana vs. 10 San Diego St. (South Region)
- 3 Maryland vs. 14 Winthrop (Midwest Region)
Please make sure you tell us your thoughts when you like our Facebook Page WHEN YOU CLICK RIGHT HERE.
Want the latest breaking MSU news delivered straight to your email for FREE? Sign up for the DAILY Spartan Nation newsletter when you CLICK THE MAGAZINE ICON at the top left of the page or the FOLLOW button back on the main page. Don't miss any of the latest up to the second updates on Michigan State Sports when you follow on Twitter @HondoCarpenter @McLainGrant1