Michigan State a 1-Seed in Recent Bracketology Update
There's no questioning ESPN's Joe Lunardi when it comes to bracketology, right? The guy knows a thing or two about college basketball.
In his July update, Michigan State is a 1-seed in the Midwest (Minneapolis) facing 16-seed Delaware/Fairleigh Dickinson. The Spartans would open up the NCAA tournament in Detroit if Lunardi is right about his prediction, essentially providing MSU with a home game early on.
The top seeds in the Midwest are MSU (1), Kansas (2), Creighton (3), Tennessee (4), and Oregon (5).
Baylor, Villanova, and Gonzaga are the other 1-seeds in this updated version of the 2020 NCAA tourney.
The Big Ten has nine teams in the field of 68, which is the most for any conference.
By The Numbers
- Big Ten: 9
- ACC: 8
- SEC: 7
- Big 12: 6
- Pac-12: 5
- Big East: 5
- Atlantic 10: 2
- American: 2
Big Ten Matchups
- 4 Ohio State vs. 13 Yale (East)
- 6 Michigan vs. 11 Marquette / SMU (East)
- 7 Rutgers vs. 10 Arizona State (East)
- 2 Iowa vs. 15 Montana (West)
- 1 Michigan State vs. 16 Delaware / Fairleigh Dickinson (Midwest)
- 6 Indiana vs. 11 San Diego State (Midwest)
- 8 Ole Miss vs. 9 Illinois (South)
- 3 Wisconsin vs. 14 Wright State (South)
- 7 Purdue vs. 10 Oklahoma (South)
Tell us what you think in the comment section below.
Want the latest breaking MSU news delivered straight to your email for FREE? Sign up for the DAILY Spartan Nation newsletter when you CLICK THE MAGAZINE ICON at the top left of the page or the FOLLOW button back on the main page. Don't miss any of the latest up to the second updates on Michigan State Sports when you follow on Twitter @HondoCarpenter @McLainGrant1