Michigan State Remains a 2-Seed in Updated Bracketology
ESPN's Joe Lunardi has Michigan State remaining a 2-seed in his latest bracketology update.
MSU will face 15-seed Stephen F. Austin in the South Region. Baylor is the top seed in the South, while Gonzaga (West), Villanova (East), and Virginia (Midwest) are his other predicted 1-seeds.
Lunardi picked eight other Big Ten teams to make the 2021 NCAA tournament, including Iowa, Purdue, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Illinois, Indiana, and Rutgers.
Big Ten Matchups
- 2 Wisconsin vs. 15 Eastern Washington (West)
- 3 Iowa vs. 14 Buffalo (Midwest)
- 7 Purdue vs. 10 Arizona State (Midwest)
- 4 Ohio State vs. 13 Belmont (East)
- 6 Michigan vs. 11 San Diego St. (East)
- 7 Rutgers vs. 10 Ole Miss (East)
- 8 LSU vs. 9 Illinois (South)
- 6 Indiana vs. 11 Syracuse (South)
- 2 Michigan St. vs. 15 Stephen F. Austin (South)
The Big Ten conference features the most teams making the field of 68, along with the ACC (9), the SEC (7), and the Big 12 (6).
By the Numbers
- Big Ten: 9 teams
- ACC: 9 teams
- SEC 7 teams
- Big 12: 6 teams
- Pac-12: 5 teams
- Big East: 4 teams
- American: 2 teams
- Atlantic 10: 2 teams
Tell us what you think in the comment section below.
Want the latest breaking MSU news delivered straight to your email for FREE? Sign up for the DAILY Spartan Nation newsletter when you CLICK THE MAGAZINE ICON at the top left of the page or the FOLLOW button back on the main page. Don't miss any of the latest up to the second updates on Michigan State Sports when you follow on Twitter @HondoCarpenter @McLainGrant1 @JDeuceDullack