Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- Donâ€™t forget to join me each weeknight for Mid-Michiganâ€™s most sports at 6:15 p.m.
- MSU baseball is now 3-1 and 1 in the Big Ten.Â You can check out the Spartans at Olds Park on Wednesday!
- Props to Florida for the win last night.Â It was great to see Al Horford last night, the Grand Ledge native play so well, making all of Mid-Michigan proud.
- The Tigers won game one yesterday, all they need to do now is win 81 more to reach my prediction of 82 wins for the season.
- Attorney Pat Boog will be my guest on Friday for Hondoâ€™s House as we talk about the Duffy Daugherty award coming up that is going to Florida State head football coach Bobby Bowden.
- Bud Adams told Steve McNair to leave the teams training facility until his contract is re-structured.Â Yes folks, he is under contract but that fool tells a great QB (albeit on the downside of his career) and great man that he isnâ€™t allowed in the building.Â Bud Adams is a jerk, and among my most hated sports people of all time.
- Am I the only one who watched Al Horford last night and thought about how much he could have helped State this year?Â I am not criticizing Izzo.Â I am simply making an honest point that he could have helped us.
- The Larry the Cable Guy:Â Health Inspector movie is so funny.Â Trust me people; I donâ€™t get critics who hate movies.Â If you want and like to laugh, go see this movie.Â There is only one Git-R-Done and it was at the best time.Â Even if you hate Larry, you will love this.
- With the Vikings not offering Brad Johnson and extension, (this is the last year of his contract) they now want Matt Schaub.Â The Atlanta back up is a hot commodity and the Vikes are willing to pony up and pay.
- Offensive Co-Coordinator Norm Chow wants Matt Leinart, but everyone else in the organization wants Vince Young.Â My source tells me that Young is the man!
- David Dunn, agent for Joey â€œthe baby kangarooâ€ Harrington has a deal in place with Miami, and is using the Bengals option to drive it up.Â He would NEVER let the Kangaroo go there because Carson Palmer is also his boy and he sure as heck does not want his guys competing.
- With some Lions players not liking the new intensity around Allen Park, others (read majority) love it.Â As one Lions player told me recently:Â â€œWe all got a little lazy I think, that is just being honest.Â This is simply a return to the football we all knew in college, and no one thinks we arenâ€™t already better.â€
- Rasheed Wallace is getting away with a lot of crap because the Pistons are winning and he has a team that is focused on team.Â If and when they start to decrease in wins and performance, his act will run out of Piston patience.Â He is selfish and conceited.Â As one of his teammates told me in the locker room on Sunday when asked about him getting his 16th technical that cost him a suspension:Â â€œhe just probably wanted a day off.â€Â I say package him with some picks to Minnesota and pick up Garnett.Â Who is a consummate team player and a great guy.
- Last nights Red Wings game was the best NHL game I have ever seen.Â It was tough and hard fought and ended with a great shootout.Â The shootout is in my opinion the best event in sports.Â The NHL did a good thing with all the rules changes.
- Hondoâ€™s Highlights will be at the Palace tonight and will have some great player comments from the locker room after the game for you tomorrow.
- I know that MLB builds into the schedule some â€œdayâ€™s offâ€™ because of weather, but to have the season start yesterday and be off today is just dumb.Â Let the Tigers play today.
- It is only 6 months and 3 days until the MSU vs. UM football game!
See you all tonight on the news at 6:15 and Hondoâ€™s House at 7:30 on Friday if youâ€™re in the Mid Michigan market.
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them!Â Peace!