USC Injury Report
Here's the status on several Trojans heading into Saturday's game at Cal.
- Tailback Stephen Carr (hamstring), who's been out three games, practiced all week and Coach Clay Helton said he'll play Saturday barring any setbacks Friday. He'll likely be featured alongside Kenan Christon.
- Nickelback Greg Johnson (concussion), who missed the Arizona State game, practiced all week and has been cleared. He could reclaim his starting spot from Chase Williams.
- Defensive tackle Marlon Tuipulotu, who also missed the ASU game, practiced all week. He could start over Brandon Pili at nose tackle.
- Tailback Vavae Malepeai (knee), who been out four games, practiced day to day but Helton deemed him day to day and said he wouldn't know if he'll play until Saturday.
- Wide receiver Tyler Vaughns (ankle) returned to practice Thursday. Helton noted he didn't look like himself and said he might be able to play in some capacity. Amon-Ra St. Brown is expected to start outside while Drake London takes over in the slot.
- Linebacker Palaie Gaoteote has not practiced this week. He's been battling an ankle injury that sidelined him for two games in October but now has a knee injury that he acquired in his return versus Oregon two weeks ago. He did not play at ASU and Helton said he remains very sore. Kana'i Mauga has been starting at weakside linebacker in Gaoteote's absence.
- Linebacker Jordan Iosefa, who's been out since dislocating his patella before the season, had a second surgery on his knee and will be out for the remainder of the year.
-- Adam Maya is a USC graduate and has been covering the Trojans since 2003. Follow him on Twitter @AdamJMaya.