NCAA is considering giving fall athletes an extra year of eligibility. The Division 1 Council met on Wednesday and approved a proposal that would grant fall athletes an extra year, no matter if they play a 2020-21 season or not.
In the Spring, athletes were guaranteed a make-good on the eligibility but not guaranteed a scholarship. How will this affect athletes with scholarships?
Sports Illustrated host Kaitlin O'Toole is joined by SI's writer Ross Dellenger for more on the proposal and what it means for NCAA collegiate athletes.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- 2020 Fantasy Baseball: Weekly Rankings Projections (August 17)
- Late Round Fantasy QB Would You Rather: Tom Brady or Jimmy Garoppolo?
- NBA Playoffs: Most Exciting Matchups, Players Facing the Most Pressure and Predictions
- Five Things to Know About Jason Wright, Washington's New Team President
- Breaking Protocol Leads to Teammates Turning on Culprits: TRAINA THOUGHTS
- How Good Are the Cubs? We're About to Find Out
- Lutz Pfannenstiel's Winding Journey Leads Him to St. Louis and MLS