Yet another preseason watch list was unveiled before the weekend, and yet another Badger claimed an early honor.
The 2020 John Mackey Award preseason watch list was announced on Friday morning, and Wisconsin tight end Jake Ferguson was selected as one of 36 student-athletes for this distinction.
According to its press release, the John Mackey Award is handed out each year "to the most outstanding collegiate tight end."
Ferguson finished the season with 33 receptions for 407 yards and two touchdowns. Against Michigan State and Illinois during a two-game October stretch, he reeled in a combined nine catches for 139 yards and a touchdown.
The Madison (WI) Memorial native has played in all 27 contests since his redshirt freshman campaign and finished second on the team in receptions both years. The 2018 campaign saw Ferguson haul in 36 receptions for 456 yards and four touchdowns, and he emerged as a key third-down target in his first full season as a contributor.
2020 Wisconsin Watch List Candidates
- Inside linebacker Jack Sanborn: Chuck Bednarik Award watch list
- Quarterback Jack Coan: Davey O'Brien Award watch list
- Running back Nakia Watson: Doak Walker Award watch list
AllBadgers.com's 'Stellar, Standard and Subpar' Series
- Inside linebacker Jack Sanborn
- Running back Nakia Watson
- Outside linebacker Noah Burks
- Wide receiver Danny Davis
- Nose tackle Keeanu Benton
- Offensive lineman Cole Van Lanen
- Safety Eric Burrell
AllBadgers.com's '20 in '20' Series:
- No. 1: Wisconsin's Deepest Position Groups
- No. 2: Wisconsin's Special Teams
- No. 3: Replacing Two Key Wisconsin Linebackers
- No. 4: 20 on '20: Wisconsin's Recruiting 'Upswing' in Recent Years
- No. 5: Tailgating Before, Attending Wisconsin Games at Camp Randall Stadium
- No. 6: Wisconsin's Running Back Room Post-Jonathan Taylor Era
- No. 7: Wisconsin's Wide Receivers and Replacing Three Contributors
- No. 8: Wisconsin's Deep Cornerback Room and a South Florida Connection
- No. 9: Jake Ferguson and What 2020 Could Bring
- No. 10: Wisconsin's Walk-On Tradition and Potential Contributors Next Season
- No. 11: David Moorman on Wisconsin's Current Offensive Linemen