UNLV Knocks off Vanderbilt; LB Javin White MW Defensive Player of the Week
From the office of Stuart Buchanan/Mountain West Conference Offices
COLORADO SPRINGS – UNLV linebacker Javin White was named MW Defensive Player of the Week, while Colorado State wide receiver Warren Jackson has been tabbed the Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, and Nevada kicker Brandon Talton earned MW Special Teams Player of the Week honors. It is the third weekly honor for Talton, second for White and first for Jackson.
WARREN JACKSON, COLORADO STATE
Junior, Wide Receiver, Mission Hills, California / Bishop Alemany HS
- Hauled in nine receptions for a career-best 214 yards and two touchdowns in a victory over New Mexico.
- Recorded touchdown catches of 87 and 26 yards. The 87-yard catch was a career best and the longest reception by a Mountain West pass-catcher this season.
- Became just the ninth FBS receiver to have more than 200 receiving yards in a game this season and just the second MW player.
- The 214 receiving yards are eighth-best in program history.
JAVIN WHITE, UNLV
Senior, Linebacker, Oakland, California / McClymonds HS
- In a 34-10 road victory at Vanderbilt, tallied seven tackles, including 2.5 tackles for loss and 0.5 sack, one interception and one forced fumble.
- Returned the interception 44 yards, setting up a UNLV field goal.
- The forced fumble was received by the Rebels and led to an eventual touchdown.
- UNLV held Vanderbilt to 10 points, the lowest points total in a road game since 2003.
BRANDON TALTON, NEVADA
Freshman, Kicker, Vacaville, California / Vacaville HS
- Scored 11 points in Nevada’s 41-38 victory over San José State’s.
- Was a perfect two-for-two on field goals, including the game-winning 40-yarder as time expired. This was his second game-winning kick on the season.
- His other field goal was a 25-yarder.
- Was a perfect five-for-five on PATs.