Auburn and Wisconsin ate nearly 5,000 pounds of food at the Outback Bowl welcome dinner in Tampa, Fla., on Friday.
An underrated tradition of bowl season: the bowl welcome dinners, where we're reminded of the insane amount of food college football players will eat on someone else's dime (RIP Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl).
Observe: the menu from the Outback Steakhouse Team Welcome Dinner for Auburn and Wisconsin Friday night in Tampa, Fla. Bowl representatives claim nearly 5,000 pounds of food were served.
- 750 pounds of sirloin steak
- 750 pounds of chicken
- 900 pounds of ribs
- 700 pounds of house salad
- 400 pounds of Steakhouse Potatoes topped with a roasted tomato aioli
- 1,600 coconut shrimp
- 160 bloomin' onions
- 1,600 honey wheat dinner rolls
- 1,200 pounds of cheese cake
- 60 gallons of barbecue sauce
- "Dozens" of cases of soda and water
Auburn and Wisconsin will face each other on New Year's Day at Raymond James Stadium should they still be able to move.
The Tigers finished 8-4 after losing 55-44 to Auburn in the Iron Bowl. The Badgers finished 10-3 after losing to Ohio State 59-0 in the Big Ten Championship Game.
- Mike Fiammetta