16 Things We Learned From Guan Tianlang's Weibo Feed
April 12, 2013
1 of 14
1. His goal is to win all four â€œGrand Slamâ€ tournaments.
2 of 14
14. Selfie: â€œFor a new golf bag and feel happy!â€
3 of 14
13. His caption for this photo translated to â€œLarge tracts of undulating smooth smooth chipping greens.â€ We'll assume Google Translate nailed that one.
4 of 14
12. His caption for this photo with Nelson Du Funa translates to: â€œDu Funa did not go to God.â€ Google Translate: Come on, bro.
5 of 14
11. He played four holes with Luke Donald: â€œHe taught me a lot, and I learned a lot!â€
6 of 14
10. He hit a few holes with Vinjy Singh, who â€œwas very friendly and [has] superb skills.â€
7 of 14
9. And he loves posting pictures. Hereâ€™s one with Phil Mickelson, who is â€œinfectedâ€ with â€œpositive energyâ€ and who has â€œconstantly encouraged me to strengthen my confidence.â€
8 of 14
7. Two things he hopes to accomplish at Augusta: getting Tigerâ€™s autograph and meeting Jack Nicklaus.
9 of 14
6. This is what an official invitation to the Masters looks like.
10 of 14
5. He wants Tiger to break Jack Nicklaus's record for Grand Slam victoriesâ€”and then he wants to break Tiger's record. (Whether he's talking about Tiger's record of being the youngest Masters winner or the Nicklaus record that he wants Tiger to beat is u
11 of 14
4. Kobe Bryant is his favorite basketball star but heâ€™s never been to a Lakers game.
12 of 14
3. His dream pairing for the opening round of the Masters was Tiger Woods and Tom Watson. (He got stuck with two-time champ Ben Crenshaw and Matteo Manassero.)
13 of 14
2. Jack Nicklaus wrote him a congratulatory letter when he qualified for the Masters.
14 of 14
15. He even makes 24-year-old Rickie Fowler feel old. (And Google Translate refers to 24-year-old as the much-older sounding "Rich Fowler." So that works.)
You May Like
More Extra Mustard
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Don't get stuck on the sidelines! Sign up to get exclusives, daily highlights, analysis and more—delivered right to your inbox!