Daily Dr. Roto — April 26, 2018
Dr. Roto’s Visionary NFL Mock Draft
The NFL Draft kicks off this evening with the first round so here is my NFL Mock Draft. Let’s see how close I come to being correct!
- Cleveland Browns — QB Baker Mayfield. I am buying the Baker Mayfield talk here as I think he fits their offense perfectly. Also, Josh Allen’s agent better contact the FBI because those racist high school tweets that surfaced recently are doing to Allen what Comey did to Hillary Clinton right before the election.
- New York Giants — RB Saquon Barkley. If this doesn’t happen, I might need to switch team allegiances.
- New York Jets — QB Sam Darnold. The Jets trade up to #3 and get the player they would have taken at #1.
- Cleveland Browns — DE Bradley Chubb. There’s a lot of talk of the Browns trading out of this pick but adding Chubb to the DL helps Myles Garrett become even better.
- Denver Broncos — QB Josh Allen. I do think this pick is up for the taking if someone is willing to overpay for it. Elway sees the same qualities in Allen that he sees in himself.
- Indianapolis Colts — LB Roquan Smith. He is a playmaker, and the Colts have none of those on defense.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers — S Denzel Ward. The Bucs safety situation is horrible.
- Chicago Bears — G Quenten Nelson. Mitch Trubisky gets more OL protection.
- San Francisco 49ers — LB Tremaine Edmunds. He’s a beast who can play right away. This pick could be moved to the Buffalo Bills if the Bills think that Rosen will still be available.
- Oakland Raiders — CB Minkah Fitzpatrick. Best cover guy in the draft goes to Chuckie.
- Miami Dolphins — DL Da'Ron Payne. The Dolphins replace Suh.
- Buffalo Bills — QB Josh Rosen. The Bills stay put and get their guy. I love the fit with Sean McDermott.
- Washington Redskins — S Derwin James. Immediately improves the Redskins defense.
- Green Bay Packers ��� DL Vita Vea. The Cheeseheads want another weapon for Rodgers, but the Packers defense is atrocious. CB Josh Jackson is another possible option here.
- Arizona Cardinals — WR Calvin Ridley. The Cardinals find their replacement for Larry Fitzgerald.
- Baltimore Ravens — QB Lamar Jackson. The Joe Flacco Era in Baltimore is soon coming to an end.
- Los Angeles Chargers — OL Will Hernandez. The Chargers always seem to have injuries on the OL.
- Seattle Seahawks — S Justin Reid. Kam Chancellor can’t play forever, and Reid has serious upside.
- Dallas Cowboys — LB Leighton Vander Esch. America’s Team wanted Ridley but will be happy to improve their defense instead.
- Detroit Lions — DL Taven Bryan. Matt Patricia can build his defense around this monster in the middle.
- Cincinnati Bengals — OL Mike McGlinchey. If the Bengals want to run the ball successfully, they need better guys up front.
- Buffalo Bills — OL Kolton Miller. The Bills need to restock their OL with Wood and Incognito gone.
- New England Patriots — CB Jaire Alexander. Malcolm Butler’s exit leaves Belichick searching for his replacement.
- Carolina Panthers — CB Mike Hughes. The Panthers biggest problem on defense is the secondary.
- Tennessee Titans — WR D.J. Moore. The Titans need more weapons to help Mariota.
- Atlanta Falcons — CB Josh Jackson. Robert Alford hasn’t been a shutdown corner, and Jackson has a nose for the ball.
- New Orleans Saints — TE Dallas Goedert. He fills a big need for the Saints offense. There are later rumors that the Saints want to move up for a QB (possibly Rosen), but I am not sure they have the picks to get a deal done.
- Pittsburgh Steelers — LB Rashaan Evans. He’s not Shazier, but he will help the defense.
- Jacksonville Jaguars — DE Marcus Davenport. The Jaguars already tough defense adds another pass rushing specialist.
- Minnesota Vikings — WR Courtland Sutton. The Vikings could use a big, tall red zone threat.
- New England Patriots — QB Mason Rudolph. Belichick doesn’t want this kid lasting until Day 2, so unless he decides to move down, he will take Rudolph and start planning for Brady’s eventual retirement.
- Philadelphia Eagles — RB Sony Michel. The medical reports are troubling, but he’s there too much upside here not to take him. If they get cold feet after reading the medical reports, RB Derrius Guice might be the pick instead.
CLICK HERE to check out our Fantasy Draft lobby! Compete in a FullTime Fantasy Sports contest, anywhere from our $35 Starter League to our $299 Online Championship, and of course in the Main Event! We are the home of the best players and payouts in the world!