CFB DFS: Fri 12/27
Bowl Season continues today with four games on the DraftKings Main Slate
BOWL GAME BREAKDOWNS
Michigan State (-3) vs Wake Forest, OU: 50
Pinstripe Bowl from Yankee Stadium
- This is not a terrible game to start the day as we get another chance to roster Jamie Newman who was always a popular play in DFS with lots of play makers and decent rushing upside himself. Newman left the final game of the regular season with an injury but is cleared to go today and he and Kendall Hinton form the best QB-WR match-up on the slate considering price & opponent.
- The highest OU on the slate is the final game of the day and it's one I think we can go light on for QB-WR combination which vaults these two to the top of the list for me today.
- Because Wake's defense is on the slate we gotta consider the other side and the Michigan State offense isn't the most sexy option on the slate but I think it's a sneaky one to consider stacking Lewerke, Cody White and Elijah Collins
Texas A&M (-7) vs Oklahoma State, OU: 54
Texas Bowl from ... Houston, Texas
- This game fits the theme of the day which is Running Games and it has the premiere player to decide upon today in Chuba Hubbard. He has been nothing short of dominant for the Cowboys all season long and due to injuries his volume only increased as the season went on and it rarely impacted his viability as a lock-button DFS play. The challenge on fading him is that there's very few guys who can match his 30 point upside.
- Texas A&M will also run the ball frequently behind Isiah Spiller and QB, Kellen Mond and they should be able to do it well against an Ok. St rush defense that permitted 151 yards per game on the ground this year.
- I expect both lead RB's to have good games, with some big runs and this is a good back and forth game down in Houston.
- The other must consider plays are the WR, Jhamon Ausbon for the Aggies and Dillon Stoner for the Cowboys
Iowa (-2) vs USC, OU: 52
Holiday Bowl from San Diego, CA
- The least exciting of the four games for me because Iowa is going to be balanced and slow leaning on Tyler Goodson and Mekhi Sargent. Both of whom are good value plays under $5k but also a dead even split on who gets the most run. Could be an opportunity though for the Freshman Goodson to shine.
- USC has some big names on it, but this is a very good Iowa pass defense and so while Michael Pittman will probably still do what he has done all year and dominate, it's tough in my mind to begin with him over some of the other high $ options today. But lets say you fade Hubbard at RB, then Pittman is a nice way to spend that $ at WR instead.
Washington State vs Air Force (-3), OU: 68
Cheez-It Bowl from Phoenix, AZ
- We end the Friday slate with the shit show that is the Air Force offense. They run the ball, then they run it again, then some more, and some more.
- On the other side we have Washington State, who is allergic to running the football and if they have their way they'll march down the field with nothing but pass plays in < 2 minutes after a 9 minute drive by Air Force.
- The OU is extremely high so you know this will gain some chalk and the chalk will come from the Washington State passing game.
Best Passing Game Targets: Texas A&M, Michigan State
Best Rushing Game Targets: Air Force, Iowa, Michigan State, Texas A&M
The favorite plays are in BOLD. The contrarian plays are in RED
Jamie Newman (Wake) Anthony Gordon (Wash St) Kellen Mond (Texas A&M)
Chuba Hubbard (Ok St)
Michael Pittman (USC) Kendall Hinton (Wake)
Brian Lewerke (Mich St)
Isiah Spiller (Texas A&M) Kadin Remsberg (Air Force) Elijah Collins (Mich St) Tyler Goodson (Iowa)
Jhamon Ausbon (Texas A&M) Scotty Washington (Wake) Cody White (Mich St) Ihmir Smith-Marsette (Iowa)
Top Overall Play
None but I would definitely game stack your Quraterbacks if you use a QB in the Super Flex on this slate. Newman is my favorite play but you can get by with other guys.
Hubbard, you are either IN on him or completely OUT on Oklahoma State IMO. They dont score 30 points without him doing damage.
Kendall Hinton is a Senior and should be able to catch 7+ balls even against a good Michigan State defense in a game that Vegas thinks will have a low total, but I see lots of action to kick the day off.
TOP GAME STACKS
- Texas A&M and Oklahoma State ... Chalky game stack
- Wake Forest and Michigan State ... Contrarian game stack
FAVORITE CONTRARIAN PLAY
- Michael Pittman Jr
TEAM TO FADE
- Washington State
- Michigan State -3.5
- Texas A&M -7
- USC +2
- Washington State +3