Eight action-packed games headline the night in the NHL, and DraftKings has plenty of contests to engage in starting at 7:00 p.m. Eastern.
Max Pacioretty, VGK (DK $7,800)
- Playing the Sharks for the second time in as many nights, Pacioretty will look to build on the strong production he's already put forth against one of the worst defensive teams in the league.
- Pacioretty is second in the league in shots per 60, seventh in expected goals per 60, and fifth in scoring chances per 60. Those predictive data points have resulted in 10 goals in 19 games played this season.
Auston Matthews, TOR (DK $9,200)
- Another slate, but the story remains the same: AM34 at the top of the player pool in a great spot. Matthews has failed to record a point over his last two games but has recorded 12 shots on goal over that span. Matthews has six goals and 23 shots on goal in five games against the Canucks, who have been a disaster defensively.
- The Canucks have allowed the most scoring chances per 60, shots against per 60, and high-danger scoring chances per 60. Toronto continues to be one of the best offensive teams in the league, and a lot of that has come behind the 18 goals and 13 assists Matthews has recorded across 22 games.
Matthew Tkachuk, CGY (DK $6,900)
- The Calgary Flames are the next team to make a coaching change, and it's to a familiar face in Darryl Sutter, the man who led the Flames to the Stanley Cup final in 2004.
- Coming off of a three-point effort, Tkachuk has been playing well of late, and a coaching change could light a fire under the Flames, no pun intended. Edmonton has been lacking all season defensively, and while they've had some tremendous goaltending at times, hanging out their netminder to dry and having him stand on his head can only go on for so long.
- Tkachuk has five points in his last seven games against Edmonton, and the Oilers have allowed 13 goals in their last three games.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Auston Matthews - Mitch Marner - Joe Thornton - Morgan Rielly
- The Maple Leafs power play is one of the best in the league, with a 31.6 percent success rate. While Vancouver's penalty kill has been solid, their defense overall has left a lot to be desired.
- The top line of Matthews, Marner, and Thornton all correlate on the top power-play unit, along with defenseman Morgan Rielly who has 11 points with the man-advantage this season.
Vegas Golden Knights
Chandler Stephenson - Max Pacioretty - Mark Stone - Shea Theodore
- In what was a back and forth game on Friday night, the Golden Knights pulled off a win in overtime, beating San Jose 5-4. Predictably Max Pacioretty led Vegas with two goals and an assist on five shots, and the top line was the key factor here. Stephenson added a goal, and Mark Stone added a couple of assists. All three skaters continue to correlate at even strength and on the top power-play unit.
- Vegas' power-play, generally a strong point, was shut down on Friday against one of the most penalized teams. With the top trio plus defenseman Shea Theodore blanked just one night ago, I would expect a bounce-back effort on special teams from the 15-4-1 Vegas Golden Knights.
Other Stacks to Consider
Sean Monahan - Johnny Gaudreau - Matthew Tkachuk - Rasmus Andersson
St. Louis Blues
Brayden Schenn - David Perron - Mike Hoffman - Torey Krug
Mark Scheifele - Blake Wheeler - Paul Stastny - Kyle Connor
Top Positional Plays
*Note: The last skater listed at each position is my top value play.
- Connor McDavid, EDM (DK $9,100)
- Anze Kopitar, LAK (DK $6,000)
- Ryan O'Reilly, STL (DK $5,900)
- Nick Suzuki, MTL (DK $5,200)
- William Karlsson, CGK (DK $4,800)
- Mikko Rantanen, COL (DK $7,700)
- Patrik Laine, CBJ (DK $6,300)
- William Nylander, TOR (DK $5,300)
- Jonathan Marchessault, VGK (DK $4,600)
- Phil Kessel, ARI (DK $3,800)
- Jesse Puljujarvi, EDM (DK $4,200)
- Josh Anderson, MTL (DK $4,700)
- Dillon Dube, CGY (DK $2,900)
- Darnell Nurse, EDM (DK $6,200)
- Jakob Chychrun, ARI (DK $6,300)
- Shea Weber, MTL (DK $6,100)
- Alec Martinez, VGK (DK $5,000)
- Justin Faulk, STL (DK $4,700)
- Jake Muzzin, TOR (DK $4,500)
- Nate Schmidt, VAN (DK $3,800)
- Cam Fowler, ANA (DK $3,500)
- Marc-Andre Fleury, VGK (DK $8,400)
- Jordan Binnington, STL (DK $7,800)
- Joonas Korpisalo, CBJ (DK $7,500)
- Frederik Andersen, TOR (DK $8,200)