Eight action-packed games headline the night in the NHL, and DraftKings has plenty of contests to engage in starting at 7:00 p.m. Eastern.
Mathew Barzal, NYI (DK $6,200)
- Barzal and the Islanders come in winners of three of their last four games, with the loss coming in overtime.
- The Devils have been very forgiving in almost every defensive category, including scoring chances, high-danger scoring chances, and expected goals against per 60. The Isles top-line center has two goals, an assist, and seven shots in his last three games.
- At a salary of just $6,200, Barzal figures to be a great value as the ninth-highest priced center on the slate and someone that sees a ton of ice-time and top power-play minutes.
Patrik Laine, CBJ (DK $6,900)
- After a series of uninspiring games for the Blue Jackets, three to be exact, they face the Detroit Red Wings, who have continued to be a disaster defensively, allowing 3.25 goals per game on 30.4 shots per contest.
- Laine comes in without a point in any of his last three games, and the key to Columbus in this game, in my mind, is the dangerous Columbus power play against the putrid Red Wings penalty kill.
- Laine has the third-most power-play goals in the NHL since coming into the league in 2016, trailing just Alex Ovechkin and David Pastrnak over that span. Detroit's penalty kill is 30th in the league. This is a get-right spot for Columbus and an important stretch for them, or else I wouldn't be surprised if we see some drastic changes over the next couple of weeks.
Elias Pettersson, VAN (DK $5,900)
- It was a slow start for Pettersson as a youngster had just one point in his first six games. Of late, Pettersson has caught fire with points in three straight games, two of which against the Jets in which he's totaled two goals and two assists.
- The Jets have been very poor defensively, as the Canucks have as well, but with Vancouver skating well, I give them the edge on the back-to-back.
New York Islanders
Mathew Barzal - Anders Lee - Jordan Eberle - Ryan Pulock
- The Isles continue to be one of the more sound teams in the league, and their top line is what drives them.
- Barzal, Lee, and Eberle have been one of the most productive lines at even strength while also correlating on the top power-play unit, a unit that has a 25 percent success rate facing off against the worst penalty kill in the league.
- Ryan Pulock also finds himself on the top power-play unit and is solid at getting pucks to the net and also blocking shots.
Nick Suzuki - Brendan Gallagher - Tyler Toffoli - Jonathan Drouin
- The Flames, who look terrible, laid an egg against Ottawa on Monday night as the Senators won two of three against Calgary. Montreal has lost each of their last two games against the Senators and has lost each of their last four games overall.
- Montreal has already made their coaching change after a hot start quickly turned into a rapid tailspin. Ottawa is a bad team defensively, and with how bad Montreal has been, they are due to explode in a spot that most people will avoid, in my mind, due to recency bias.
- Suzuki, Toffoli, and Drouin all skate on the second even-strength line and the top power-play unit. Gallagher, who continues to be among the league's leader's in shots, scoring chances, and high-danger scoring chances per 60 minutes, joins all three on the top power-play unit.
Other Stacks to Consider
Elias Pettersson - J.T. Miller - Brock Boeser - Quinn Hughes
New York Rangers
Mika Zibanejad - Pavel Buchnevich - Chris Kreider - Adam Fox
Columbus Blue Jackets
Jack Roslovic - Patrik Laine - Cam Atkinson
Top Positional Plays
*Note: The last skater listed at each position is my top value play.
- Evgeni Malkin, PIT (DK $5,700)
- Brayden Point, TB (DK $6,400)
- Sebastian Aho, CAR (DK $6,000)
- Mikael Granlund, NSH (DK $5,500)
- Paul Stastny, WPG (DK $3,900)
- Jake Guentzel, PIT (DK $6,800)
- Filip Forsberg, NSH (DK $7,700)
- Taylor Hall, BUF (DK $5,800)
- Blake Wheeler, WPG (DK $6,300)
- Andrei Svechnikov, CAR (DK $5,900)
- Blake Coleman, TB (DK $4,600)
- Alexis Lafreniere, NYR (DK $3,400)
- Shea Weber, MTL (DK $5,700)
- Seth Jones, CBJ (DK $6,200)
- Ivan Provorov, PHI (DK $5,900)
- Ryan Ellis, NSH (DK $5,800)
- Ryan McDonagh, TB (DK $4,400)
- K'Andre Miller, NYR (DK $3,500)
- Scott Mayfield, NYI (DK $3,500)
- James Reimer, CAR (DK $7,700)
- Semyon Varlamov, NYI (DK $7,900)
- Andrei Vasilevskiy, TB (DK $8,300)
- Carter Hart, PHI (DK $7,800)