MLB DFS - Saturday Early
Saturday afternoon Baseball should be exciting and relaxing, but once again we have two different sets of slates between FD and DK because FD insists upon reducing the # of games on their weekend slates. I honestly don't think they're getting that much more rake out of this, they're just clueless in my mind, but thats enough ranting.
The 3 games at 2PM are on the FULL EARLY slate on DraftKings where as they are on their own slate on FanDuel, these games today include:
- Cincinnati @ Minnesota -- Everyone. All the hitters.
- Chicago @ Kansas City -- White Sox & Whit/Salvy
- Milwaukee @ Chicago -- Pitchers
With the exception fo the Brewers and Cubs which is in sub 50 degree temps and heavy winds IN, this is a pretty good selection of games for hitting and there's really no pitcher to love on the selection of these early games but on FanDuel you can expect Jose Quintana to be the chalk arm.
4PM Slate Analysis
All games play
- Carlos Carrasco ... Carrasco on the road is an ACE, at home he's just a Good Guy. 9600 on FD is still affordable but $12.4 on DK is too much. This is a FD only selection for me. because on DK I can roll out Quintana for 7600.
- Jeremy Hellickson ... You will see the name then realize the opponent and run away laughing. But Wherever this kid has pitched (Tampa, 'Zona, Philly) he's always been more comfortable pitching in front of a home crowd with a 3.87 ERA at home versus a 4.38 ERA on the road. While that's not a HUGE reason to lock him in, add in that his career ERA in day games is 3.37 versus 4.437 at night. There's a time and a place where we play Hellickson and it's home day games. There's no stud SP that I feel you have to lock in today and Hellickson and the Nats are the sleeping dragon that nobody is touching today against Patrick Corbin.
- David Price ... I said there was no stud SP on this slate, and I meant it. Price though is gonna get a ton of run support and I think folks are scared of the Rays 7 game win streak. Guess what, that's gonna end today. Price is someone I'm kinda afraid to roll out for the third time against Tampa this year, however lefties have really dominated them (sans Pomeranz who sucks) this year.
- Jose Quintana (DK) ... Mainly a DK play to pair with Hellickson today. Good weather for pitching in Wrigley field today and he seems to love picking on the Brewers.
- Russ Martin
- Robinson Chirinos
- Sandy Leon
Not much love for going here on FD today with other spots being deeper. Love Martin and Leon as part of Jays and Sox stacks and Chirinos is one guy who scares me off Garcia.... But he might sit.
- Hanley Ramirez
- Justin Smoak
- Joey Votto - Heater anyone?
Joey Votto has turned it on, amazingly after his manager was fired. Shocker. Pretty sure we all saw that one coming. He'll be the chalk on both sites where he's applicable. Hanley is my favorite guy here today.
- Yoan Moncada
- Jason Kipnis
- Whit Merrifield
- Robbie Cano
I pray that Moncada gets to lead off, in which case he's lock button
- Matt Davidson
- Kyle Seager
- Jose Ramirez
- Yangervis Solarte
This might be reaching the point where it finally ends, but Matt Davidson's numbers in Kauffman Stadium are insane. He makes Mookie Betts in Camden Yards look like nothing....
- Francisco Lindor
- Aledmys Diaz
- Jurickson Profar
- Xander Bogaerts
Position feels thin to me today and I wanna see more out of Xander before I spend up for him (look, his price magically fixed itself on FD). But with me loving Boston so much, I wouldn't hate rolling him out today. Filling this position in last.
OUTFIELD - T1
- Curtis Granderson
- Mookie Betts
- JD Martinez
- Harper, Bryce
By now you should know that I am a fan of Harper Bryce vs LHP. He's been cold, but worth buying into pre him fixing the stepping out issues.
OUTFIELD - T2
- Teoscar Hernnadez
- Andrew Benintendi
- Michael A. Taylor
- Max Kepler & Eddie Rosario
Keler and Eddie Rosario are two Twins in this tier that we gotta look at on FD in the early early slate. For DK though they're not making the cut ahead of Boston for me today.
OUTFIELD - T3
- Scott Schebler / Jesse Winker / Adam Duvall
- Chris Taylor
- Jon Jay
TWINS ... They're gonna drop 10+ runs today IMO. Love Sano/Rosario/Kepler part of the order.
RED SOX ... The Sox and Rays have met quite a bit so far this season and the Rays have hard a hard time getting Hanley Ramirez out. He sticks out to me today along with the rest of the Boston big guns today in Fenway w/ 69 degree temps and a slight breeze out to the monster. Love Boston today and will have them everywhere. Hanley and JD are the two I feel I really want today with a hot Mookie as well. Chirinos' walks are increasing and his K's are decreasing as teams see him more.
REDS ... We are getting a glimpse of what the Reds would be like if they played in the American League. A lineup that has a bunch of slap hitters who can keep the line moving when they get up against a bad string of pitchers and don't have to worry about the automatic pitcher out.
BLUE JAYS ... It's time for ole Bartolo Colon to get rocked like everyone thinks he should. Russ Martin has to be licking his chops at the thought of finally having someone he can take yard.
- Hanley Ramirez - 1B - New Chairman
- Russ Martin - C
- Robinson Cano - 2B
- Aledmys Diaz - SS
- Adam Duvall - OF
- Max Kepler - OF
- JD Martinez - OF
- Matt Davidson - 3B
- NEW BONUS ................. Logan Morrison - 1B