What a Thursday morning, as the Dongers Club came roaring through with the right spots and fades. Had a nice four figure night which was close to a five figure win every contest in the world prior to a late chalk catcher homer. Figures. New series begin today, so pay attention to the new spots and new park factors in play. We have some more competitive series but then we also have Samsung tasked with slowing down the NC Dino's.
KBO DFS Dashboard
Coast is clear. One series is in a dome all weekend (KT vs KIA)
Drew Rucinski ($9,300 - NC Dinos)
Drew is the top pitcher today, no other way to slice it as he'll be north of 50% owned in a bunch of the relevant contests and at lowest maybe 38-40% in that range. I don't see much benefit in fading him because Samsung isn't a heavy offense and this isn't necessarily a dynamite hitters park either. Rucinski has been striking out 20%+ batters this season as well so we know he has the K+ upside needed for the higher end $ pitchers. Gotta like him today.
SP2 is where things get a bit more interesting. The ownership should be spread out among Eric Jokisch (KIW), Raul Alcantara (DOO) and Aaron Brooks (KIA).
Eric Jokisch ($9,000 - Kiwoom Heroes)
Some could argue Jokisch over Rucinski I guess but Jokisch does have Mel Rojas Jr. in this lineup to deal with. That aside, when you get 7 straight 20%+ strikeout rate guys in a row against a pitcher who has been striking out 20% on average this season you gotta love it.
Min Woo Kim ($6,400 - Hanwha Eagles)
Has been fairly good this year and the SK Wyverns offense is very thin. However, Jeong Choi continues to show signs of life as I mentioned yesterday and I even rolled out Choi against the opposing pitcher yesterday and it worked. As long as it's a value guy (like Kim in this spot) I'm okay with that in KBO DFS where we only have 5 games each night to pick from. Kim shouldn't match Jokisch or Rucinski but I think he can match Brooks and Alcantara at lower ownership and much lower price.
Doosan Bears (& Lotte Giants)
The Bears are the no brainer side here, but to get crafty look at the middle of the Giants order as well. For me Jose Fernandez is someone you can justify spending $6k on today even with some higher priced pitching on the slate. He's basically a multi-hit machine and they're facing who I think is the worst pitcher on the slate. He's a core along with some nice value in the Doosan Bears projected lineup:
- Studs: Jose Miguel Fernandez (1B/2B) Jae Hwan Kim (OF) -- Highest rated Bear on my model
- Value: Jae Won Oh (2B) - Min priced on DK, likely batting third. Jae Hwan Choi (1B/2B) - He gets left off if you go with JMF and Jae Won Oh Kun Woo Park (OF) - Another value spot
- Giants Joon Woo Jeon (OF) Ah Seop Son (OF)
Big game last night and in another good spot today. Focus on 1-5 top of the order starting with Keon Chang Seo and Jung Hoo Lee
I said just always play Sung Bum Na and he hit 2 HR again last night. Same deal again with the Dino's, you gotta like him, Eui Ji Yang (who burned me big time with his homer) and Suk Min Park who was one Dino that did nothing yesterday. But overall it's not as great as a park as where Doosan is at and Recency bias could put the Dinos ownership a bit higher making them the spot to consider fading for some leverage on a chalky pitching slate.
- Myung Gi Lee (OF) -- Good value from the Dinos
- Se Hyuk Park (DOO) - I think he plays today and is a value C on the top team
- Eui Ji Yang (NCD)
- Jose Miguel Fernandez (DOO) .. Bears have 3 guys 1B eligible, get one of them
- Joo Hwan Choi (DOO) & Jae Won Oh (DOO) ... Both are min price or near min price. You play them + Jose Fernandez and you got heart of the order guys on the top chalky team of the day for 4k each. It's simple DFS formula
- Keon Chang Seo (KIW)
- Jeong Choi (SK)
- Suk Min Park (NCD)
- Ha Seong Kim (KIW)
- Jae Ho Kim (DOO)
OUTFIELD - Tier 1
- Sung Bum Na (NCD)
- Kun Woo Park (DOO)
- Eun Sung Chae (LG)
- Ji Wan Na (KIA) ... Great one off from the Tigers -- against a lefty he should be the one to do damage.
- Myung Gi Lee (NCD)
CHAIRMAN: Jose Miguel Fernandez - 1B/2B - Doosan Bears