Because we have so few MLB regular season slates yet, I wanted to not miss this afternoon slate and hit something big for you guys... So here we goooo!
1. Justin Verlander -- JV is the top guy going today by a wide margin and should be the highest scoring pitcher early only. The weather and ballpark factors aren't in his favor at Texas in a day game, but he should still be your best option early.
2. Jon Gray -- I doubt Gray will be heavy popular today becaus he is A) In Coors and B) Facing the Marlins.. That said, the Marlins come in sputtering as they will miss the playoffs and it's not going to exactly be ideal hitting conditions today in Coors. He is worth the risk on the small slate.
3. Braden Shipley -- If you are going to DK then you can expect to see a ton of JV & Shipley lineups. Roof is closed in Arizona and Giants lineup is the worst going on this slate.
1. Oakland - Oakland against a RHP at home in a day game is where I want to go early. Erasmo Ramirez is either sneaky good or really bad and with 80+ degree temps I think Oakland will rake. Sadly, Matt Olson may sit again with a slight injury.
2. Houston - They will be a chalk stack against Nick Martinez. He's only 6'1 though... Sooooo, you know my Astros height theory, right? They struggle vs the shorter guys.. Then again, it's Nick Martinez. Fire them up...
3. Seattle - They should rake against Gravemen today.
TBD: Arizona. They could sit everyone again today, but if not then I'm all for D'Backs exposure
CATCHER -- Zunino, Posey, Maxwell
FIRST -- Olson* (Questionable), Alonso, Gurriel
SECOND -- LeMahieu, LeMahieu, LeMahieu, Marwin Gonzalez, Cano
THIRD -- Arenado, Lamb, Seager, Bregman
SHORT -- Correa, Semien, Marte
OUTFIELD Top -- Cruz, K.Davis, Joyce, JDMartinez
OUTFIELD Mid -- Yelich, Ozuna, Ben Gamel
OUTFIELD Value -- Span, Tony Kemp, Parker
- Khris Davis
- Nelson Cruz
- DJ LeMahiu
- Alex Bregman