It's a large ten game slate tonight in the NHL with big tournaments on both sites to dig into, but only the Ottawa Senators are on a back to back tonight.
TARGET TEAMS / STACKS
PHILLY ONE ... Sean Coutirier, Claude Girioux, Travis Konecny
Philly is the lone team who gets to face a team off a B2B and it's the lowly Ottawa Senators tonight on their home ice in Philadelphia. The Flyers power play has struggled at home this season but should get right tonight against the Senators who have yielded 58 goals in 11 road games this season. Philly is typically a boom or bust team, but in their last four meetings with the Senators they have scored 7, 5, 3 and 4 goals with the top line producing in each of them. The Flyers are cold, but hopefully the front office shake-up lights a spark under them today because if they don't produce today then things will get ugly in Philadelphia quickly.
Favorite one off: Travis Konecny along with the top line has produced in his last two home games with 3 goals and remains at a discount compared to Coots and Girioux.
Favorite defenseman: I never have an issue going Gosthisbere or Provorov and I have a weird narrative that if you go Konecny naked you pair him with Provorov.
Carolina at Montreal ... Both teams give up goals a plenty and the Hurricanes shoot more than any other team which will make some folks look to Carey Price for GPP upside tonight and while I completely get the logic there, I aint gonna start a write-up with telling you to play Price here unless you wanna go MTL stack + Price and play for 40 SOG and a win but Carolina should win this game.
Carolina - Sebastian Aho, Michael Ferlund, Teuvo Teravanien, Dougie Hamilton
Montreal - Phillip Danault, Tomas Tatar, Brendan Gallagher, Shea Weber*
Shea Weber is returning tonight after a year absence due to injury. He may be somewhat limited but is worthy of getting into game stack lineups.
Arizona Coyotes ... Nick Schmaltz, Clayton Keller, Alex Galchenyuk
Arizona will be in Minnesota tonight against the flu-bug Wild but Devan Dubnyk will be in net for Minnesota and as a heavy heavy favorite with a good defensive team he will be chalk i in goal tonight. Arizona is not a good offensive team but if we see a sluggish spot from Dubnyk as chalk then this would be the only line to consider for production from Arizona. If playing a leverage game off the chalk goalie then I would lean here.
NOTABLE SKATERS / ONE OFFS
Evander Kane - W - San Jose
Evander Kane returns to Buffalo and is projected to be skating on the top line which gives him extra boost tonight against his former team. Buffalo is managing to play really well despite having very poor 'Advanced' hockey metrics. Well, screw the metrics, they're fricken 16-6-2 and second in the eastern conference, so I'm going to put more faith in them playing well tonight which is why I am not fully on the Sharks top line, but it's a solid narrative with someone who is a high shot volume play in Kane who is coming off just 8 mins the other night due to a game misconduct.
Patrik Laine - W - Winnipeg
Is 11 goals in 4 games good? OH, not impressed? How about 5 goals in one game? Yeah, guess what. You missed the Laine train in St. Louis the other night (he always destroys them it seems to me) and you also missed the Laine road train as well. Laine has 15 goals in 10 road games and 4 goals in 12 home games this season. He's not in a terrible spot vs Pittsburgh and comes with a nice value pairing on the second line with Bryan Little ($4700), so that's a great pairing to get exposure to the hottest player in hockey right now but this is a spot I am likely fading on my main lineup tonight.
Colton Sissons - W - Nashville
Sissons is a dirt cheap value play tonight who has a little positive team history in his favor here. Sissons last game vs Colorado he netted a hat trick and over an 8 game stretch last season (including playoffs) he scored 7 times against Colorado. The Preds continue to juggle lines due to injuries but they're gonna have to find a way to keep up with the Avalanche high powered attack and Sissons dirt cheap with good history here makes sense as a nice value one off.
Outside of the stacks mentioned above, so you won't see Flyers, Hurricanes, Canadiens, Coyotes mentioned here.... Not that you really should ever see Coyotes mentioned here.
- Scheifele & Wheeler (Ehlers value) -- Winnipeg
- McDavid & Draisaitl -- Edmonton
- Point & Kucherov -- Tampa
- MacKinnon & Landeskog/Rantanen -- Colorado
- Johansen & Forsberg -- Nashville
- Staal & Zucker -- Minnesota
- Henrique & Kase - Ducs
- Carter & Toffoli - Kings .... obligatory listing of Jeff Carter to appease @TheRobGeriak
- Eakin & Pacioretty - Knights
- Spezza & Shore - Stars
- Shayne Gosthisbere -- PHI
- Brent Burns -- SJS
- Dustin Byfuglien -- WPG
- Matt Dumba -- MIN
- Dougie Hamilton - CAR
- Shea Weber - MTL
- Ivan Provorov -- PHI
- Justin Faulk -- CAR
- Alex Goligoski -- ARI
- Josh Manson -- ANA
- DevanDubnyk -- MIN ... Dubnyk comes in at 8500 on DraftKings and if you are simply searching for a WIN then he is your goalie, but someone who likely won't see a TON of shots tonight and thus carries a little risk for me today. The shutout is certainly in play vs Arizona, but never something I like to chase.
- Anthony Stolarz -- PHI ... A dirt cheap $6800 goalie with the #1 stack correlated with him against a team on a road B2B. Ignore the team and name, he is your value goalie today by a country mile.
- Connor Helleybuck -- WPG ... You may have noticed I didn't roll any Penguins out here tonight as normally I fade them in many spots. This is a Winnipeg win the game pick today as I feel the Jets are on the right side today but Helly will see enough shots to beat out Dubnyk among higher priced goalies
- Corey Crawford -- CHI ... Vegas is bad offensively IMO
Winnipeg Jets ML
Coyotes/Wild OVER 5.5