NHL: Slap Shot - Jan 31st
Seven games for Friday nights slate which begins at 7PM EST. The Rangers, Penguins, Jets, Flyers, Hurricanes, Bruins, Knights all return from their BYE/All Star Break.
Mika Zibanejad - C - Rangers
One of the more popular lines tonight should be the Rangers top line at home vs Detroit. Both teams are off long breaks and the Rangers get the home ice advantage against the poor Red Wings.
other target centers
- Leon Draisaitl - Favorite overall game of the night, gotta get Oiler exposure in my mind.
- Claude Girioux - Always a thorn in the Penguins side.
- Brayden Schenn
- Evgeny Kuznetsov
Andrei Svechnikov - W - Hurricanes
Another game featuring two teams coming off long extended breaks and this one isn't one I think has a TON of goals in it but I really like the Hurricanes top line and prefer spending in the mid range for wingers tonight so Svehnikov has good value at only $5,500.
other target wingers
- Alex Ovechkin - The GOAT is GOAT'ing right now, either rock him as a one off or come with me to the Caps 2nd line.
- Max Pacioretty
- Chris Kreider - Would only play with Zibs
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
- Jeff Schwartz
John Carlson - D - Capitals
The Caps should pummel the Senators tonight and I project them to have a 5 goal outburst making them one of my preferred 4+ stacks on the evening and doing such without Carlson would be suicide.
other target defenseman
- Neal Pionk
- Oscar Klefbom
- Justin Faulk
- Jacob Slavin
WASHINGTON ... Kuznetsov, Vrana, Oshie, Carlson
Kuzy heater. It arrives tonight. The Capitals will be one of the more popular stacks today but everyone should likely be on Ovechkin, where as I prefer the second line because I have this locked in feeling that Kuznetsov has a heater coming and I have made my investment to find it over the course of the next week and I won't be late. Good spot tonight vs the Sens to get in before his price gets too high....
BLUES / OILERS (GAME STACK) ... Draisaitl, RNH, Klefbom / Schenn-Schwartz-Kyrou
Just get 6 guys from this game when stacking it. To me the Blues are frauds and their magical 1 year run is over and will get shredded by a good Oilers offense. Leo Draisaitl at 7k is one key piece to lock in along with Oscar Klefbom from the Oilers while on the Blues side the good value remains in Schenn-Schwartz at the top line.
Petr Mrazek - Hurricanes
Ilya Samsanov - Capitals
He is the better goalie on this team right now and with the way they have played defense of late he should see enough shots to warrant the 8k price tag.
LINE LOCK OF THE NIGHT: Kuznetsov - Vrana - Oshie - Carlson (Capitals)
ONE OFF WINGER: Andrei Svechnikov (Hurricanes)
ONE OFF VALUE WINGER: Dominik Simon (Penguins)
TOP DEFENSEMAN: John Carlson (Caps)
TOP BET(S): Blues/Oilers OVER 6
- Penguins fade always. I don't do Penguins ... Although a Dom Simon multi-goal game probably makes a little sense tonight ...
- The Bruins-Jets game to me has all the name appeal without the real juice behind it. Target D-men in this game mostly...
- Edmonton is the hot hand right now. Ride them, they have one game since New Years where they failed to score 3 goals and while that might not seem that amazing, a 3 goal floor every night is something I am fine riding.
- Tampa is just too pricey for what should be a lower scoring game. That's why I didn't go to them.