Saturday, February 24th
I am completely focused on games that start at 7PM because I am at the DK Live Final. This means that the following games aren't on my radar, so here's my thoughts on them
- Isles @ Devils - This game was moved to 8pm because of a pre-game ceremony, and it was one that I was going to be all over. Hischier-Hall have been so consistent that you should really trust them on home ice against the worst defense in the league. For the Isles, try to get some top line exposure as I think we see a high scoring game here.
- Ducks @ Coyotes - On the main slates, I expect the Ducks to garner some ownership. Getzlaf-Rakell-Perry are in a great spot tonight.
- Oilers @ Kings - No love here for me. Koptiar will shutdown McDavid.
Now, on with the fun games...
Lightning ... Point-Kucherov-Killorn
Tampa 2 should be the popular chalk stack tonight. The Habs are starting Antti Niemi and also will be without third liner Tomas Plekanic as he is being held out due to a likely upcoming trade. Tampa's in a great spot to shred the Habs poor defense. The Point-Kuch combination has been solid of late with Point doing the recent damage and because he's a little under priced you can afford the full line. Don't forget Stamkos as a one off.
Capitals ... Backstrom-Ovechkin-Wilson
Is Ovi gonna score a goal? Probably. Will he get three? If so, I'm dead tonight. Because I don't see the Caps shredding the Sabres and wouldnt be shocked to see this game go to OT 3-2. That said, if you want a single line to score a full strength goal. This is it.
Stars ... Seguin-Janmark-Klingberg
Columbus Blue Jackets - Dubois/Atkinson/Panarin
Detroit Red Wings - Zetterberg/Nyqusti/Kronwall
FAVORITE ONE OFFS / COMBOS
- Pierre-Luc Dubois & Cam Atkinson - CLB
- Brayden Piont & Nikita Kucherov - TB
- Nick Backstrom & Alex Ovechkin - WAS
- Sidney Crosby & Bryan Rust - PIT
- Henrik Zetterberg & Gustav Nyquist - DET
- David Krejci & Ryan Spooner - BOS
- John Klingberg - DAL
- Kris Letang - PIT
- Aaron Ekblad - FLA
- John Carlson - WAS
- Jeff Petry - MTL
- Andrei Vasilevskiy - Tampa ... Confirmed in goal tonight and a big favorite on the road against a bad Montreal team. Vas is my top guy tonight.
- Sergei Bobrovsky - Columbus .... The Blue Jackets are a sneaky good spot tonight at home versus Chicago who played last night and is playing 3rd in 4 nights tonight on the road. Columbus should win this easily and Bob is a nice pivot off Vas on DK.
- Philipp Grubauer - Washington ... Grub's is confirmed for the Caps in goal tonight. He rarely gets goal support but has been really good at home. On FanDuel he's a great salary saver in goal tonight compared to the other guys. On DK though I can fade him -- he shouldn't see a ton of shots.
LINE LOCK OF THE NIGHT: Nico Hischier-Taylor Hall-Kyle Palmieri (New Jersey) ... I was planning to play these guys coming into the live final and now they're off the slate. So load em up on your main slates.....
ONE OFF STUD WINGER: Alex Ovechkin (Washington)
ONE OFF VALUE WINGER: Tanner Pearson (Kings)
TOP DEFENSEMAN: John Klingberg (Dallas)