Scouting NHL DFS: Sun, Dec 31st
Sunday, December 31st
Two slates today and no hockey tomorrow with only one game....
Early Slate - 3 Games
Games / Stacks
- Maple Leafs vs Golden Knights -- I prefer the Knights here who have been great out of the Christmas break and dominant at home this year. With Kadri likely out the Karlsson-Marchessault-Smith line should have free reign to dominate here and that's my line of choice. Also love defenseman against the Leafs so look at SheaTheodore for the 4th man in this stack.
- Coyotes vs Ducks -- Easy spot for the Ducks here. John Gibson should be in goal for them so he's going to be a popular choice as they're near -200 ML favorites. That's the logical play here with the Henrique-Silfverberg-Cam Fowler stack.
- Lightning vs Blue Jackets -- 6pm start in this game which features the best overall goalies on the slate. Tampa is much healthier than Columbus right now so we might see Sergei Bobrovsky come in low owned on a small slate. He makes a great tournament play because he'll see a ton of shots and can really be on his game at home. The usual suspects for the Lightning are in play here -- Stamkos who is read hot and Kucherov.
Early Favorites: Karlsson, Henrique, Marchessault, Silfverberg, Theodore, Fowler
- Edmonton ... McDavid-Lucic-Puljujarvi-Klefbom ... We might be pushing our luck with Puljujarvi scoring in B2B games but exposure to McDavid is a near must in this spot. Love Oscar Klefbom the most here though.
- Islanders vs Colorado ... MacKinnon-Rantanen-Landeskog ... It's the law firm vs my second favorite stack right now. Load up on this game for both sides. Sneaky pivot off the law firm tonight is the Barzal-Eberle-Ladd line
- Calgary ... Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferlund ... Hawks are really hurting at goalie right now so load up on the Calgary top line who could go off tonight.
Ben Bishop ... Bishop has been good for Dallas of late and the Stars have played really well at home overall lately. He is confirmed which makes me appreciate him even more!
Matt Murray ... Murray should be the chalk assuming he starts. Pittsburgh is a decent road favorite here against Detroit and Murray's the safest win upside because of that.
LINE LOCK OF THE NIGHT: Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferlund (Calgary)
FAVORITE STUD WINGER: Anders Lee (Islanders)
FAVORITE VALUE WINGER: Kyle Connor (Winnipeg)
FAVORITE DEFENSEMAN: Oscar Klefbom (Edmonton)