Scouting the NHL: Tue 10/17
Back in action with 11 games tonight...... Lots of games with backup goalies being listed. I am working on a contest strategy breakdown for you subscribers because the FD NHL contests continue to shrink while the DK ones continue to be harder in terms of pricing. So over the next week well re focus how you should be attacking different types of tournaments on different slates.
JETS ... The lamp might need a new bulb tonight in this game. Columbus vs Winnipeg? I'm tempted to just do a gamestack with the Wennberg-Atkinson-Panarin line form Columbus and my top line from Winnipeg (Scheifele-Wheeler-Ehlers). To make things even better, roll out Scheifele-Wheeler-Laine to get the Jets best skaters and their top PP unit.
LEAFS ... The Leafs skated circles around Washington in the first round of the playoffs before eventually the Caps were able to wear them down and slow the pace closer to their liking. This is one of the juicy matchups on the slate and while Alex Ovechkin has started red-hot and Auston Matthews is playing really well, I am going with the Leafs SECOND line of Kadri-Marleau-Komorov.... Consider pairing Kadri & Marleau with Rielly or Gardiner at Defense. Matthews and Bozak are solid cash game plays. This line is a sneaky tournament stack.
PREDATORS ... The Avs remain bad and trust me they're about to quickly revert to their 2016 ways of being bad... Preds top line of RyJo-Arviddson-Forsberg often wins tournaments beacuse they're not easy to stack but when they produce, they produce lots of points.
STARS ... It looks like Loui Domingue Adin Hill ...... is in goal for the Coyotes tonight. So, we know what to do. Stack the other side! Seguin-Radulov-Klingberg again.......
SABRES ... For a little salary relief off the top lines listed above you can go get Ryan O'Reilly and Sam Reinhart with Rasmus Ristolainen. Jack Eichel is a solid play tonight for Buffalo and I expect him to find a couple assists, but the line combination I want in tournaments is the ROR line... Risto scores tonight.
- Austin Matthews
- Jack Eichel
- Tyler Seguin
- Mark Scheifele
- Vinnie Tocheck - Only 5300 on FD but 6k on DK. Good matchup tonight for Vinnie.
- Ryan O'Reilly
- Derek Stepan
- Derrick Brassard
Contrarian: Connor McDavid, with so many options he's a little under the radar tonight but always has 3 point upside at home.
- Alex Ovechkin - He will be popular despite hte price increases...
- Patrik Laine - I love Laine tonight. This game overall looks juicy.
- Viktor Arvidsson/Fil Forsberg
- Nikita Kucherov - Scored again last night. Has a goal in EVERY game... But on B2B
- Cam Atkinson - Good correlation if you want a high scoring back and forth game here with Laine.
- Jake Guentzel
- Patrick Maroon - Good way to sneak exposure to McDavid's line
- Nik Ehlers
- Evgeni Dadonov
- Kailer Yamamoto - Same with Maroon... Good McDavid cheap exposure
- Jacob Vrana
- Jesper Bratt (good way to run back other side in the Kucherov goal fest)
- Rasmus Ristolainen
- Oliver Ekman-Larsson
- John Klingberg
- Brent Burns - He's due. Big time.
- Dustin Byfuglien
- John Carlson
- Zach Werenski
- Justin Faulk - Sneaky call tonight to score a goal.
- Seth Jones
- Ivan Provorov
- Ryan McDonough
- Craig Anderson ... Anderson will be at home versus Vancouver with Erik Karlsson back in front of him. Lock and load cash play.
- Ben Bishop ... With Domingue expected on the other end, Bishop is in a great spot for a safe win tonight. I worry about limited shots thought.
- Roberto Luongo ... A little bit of a sneaky play here with Bobby Lou going into Philly after the Flyers torched Washington on Saturday. I see this game being 3-2 and Luongo facing 30 shots.
- Henry Lundqvist ... Yes, King Henry is a longshot today because he's playing the Penguins with a 6 over/under. Nobody will touch him with so many other options tonight and he's going to see a high volume of shots and remains a top tier goalie.
LINE LOCK OF THE NIGHT
Winnipeg Power Play ... Scheifele - Laine - Wheeler