The 49ers look to wipe out the bitter taste of losing in the Super Bowl by starting the season with a win over their NFC West rivals the Arizona Cardinals. According to WilliamHill sportsbook, San Francisco has a Over/Under win total of 10.5 games. That puts the in the same category as the Ravens, Saints, and Chiefs as the only four teams in the NFL with a double-digit Over/Under win total.
Bettors will have to lay down $120 to win back $100 if they believe the Kyle Shanahan coached squad can get to 11 wins. Gamblers that think the 49ers will finish with 10 wins or losses will have even money odds. All49ers writer Jose Luis Sanchez says San Francisco “really doesn't have any uphill battles.”
Sept. 13: vs. Arizona Cardinals, 4:25 p.m., Fox
Sept. 20: at New York Jets, 1 p.m., Fox
Sept. 27: at New York Giants, 1 p.m., Fox
Oct. 4: vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 8:20 p.m., NBC
Oct. 11: vs. Miami Dolphins, 4:05 p.m., Fox
Oct. 18: vs. Los Angeles Rams, 8:20 p.m., NBC
Oct. 25: at New England Patriots, 4:25 p.m., CBS
Nov. 1: at Seattle Seahawks, 4:25 p.m., Fox
Nov. 5: vs. Green Bay Packers, 8:20 p.m., Fox/NFL Network/Amazon
Nov. 15: at New Orleans Saints, 4:25 p.m., Fox
Nov. 29: at Los Angeles Rams, 4:05 p.m., Fox
Dec. 7: vs. Buffalo Bills, 8:15 p.m., ESPN
Dec. 13: vs. Washington Redskins, 4:25 p.m., Fox
Dec. 20: at Dallas Cowboys, 8:20 p.m., NBC
Dec. 26 or 27: at Arizona Cardinals, TBD
Jan. 3: vs. Seattle Seahawks, 4:25 p.m., Fox
Fun Facts from 2019:
• The 49ers led the NFL in rushes (449), yards (2,246), and TDs (22) by the running back position, but no RB gained over 775 yards or scored more than eight TDs.
• San Francisco finished second in the league in yards per pass attempt (8.43) and third in completion rate (69.2) at the QB position.
• Deebo Samuel had 15 rushes for 224 yards and two TDs over his final eight games, including the playoffs. Over the last 11 games, Samuel gained 926 combined yards with four TDs and 45 catches.
• Jimmy Garoppolo delivered 15 of his 27 passing TDs (55.6 percent) and 1,386 of his 3,978 passing yards (34.8 percent) over four games.
• The 49ers had the best defense in the league vs. RBs in the passing game (63/400/0).