The following six players made verbal commitments during the Semper Fidelis All American Bowl.
• LB Jared Afalava, Bingham (Utah) -- Nebraska. The 6-foot-1, 210-pounder selected the Cornhuskers over Utah and Washington, adding to Pelini's incoming linebacking haul. Afalava was one of two players to announce his intent to Nebraska on Tuesday.
• DE DeForest Buckner, Punahou (Hawaii) -- Oregon. The Ducks landed a major commitment when the 6-foot-7, 238-pound end declared in favor of the newly minted Rose Bowl victors prior to the game. Buckner chose Oregon over finalists Cal and UCLA.
• C Matt Cochran, Buhach Colony (Calif.) -- Cal. The 6-foot-3, 335-pounder narrowed his consideration set to Tennessee and Cal two weeks ago. On Tuesday, the big-bodied prospect announced he'd be staying home to play for the Golden Bears. Cochran immediately adds line depth, and was one of a pair of prospects to commit to a Pac-12 school during the Semper Fidelis All American Bowl.
• WR Gehrig Dieter, Washington (Ind.) -- SMU. The record-breaking wideout chose the Mustangs -- and June Jones' aerial-happy attack -- over a Kansas team now led by former Notre Dame frontman Charlie Weis. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound wideout should follow in the footsteps of Darius Johnson and Cole Beasley, both first-team All-Conference-USA selections in 2011.
• RB Greg Garmon, McDowell (Pa.) -- Iowa. The relentless running back picked Iowa over finalists Miami and Arkansas. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound speedster could spell soon-to-be junior Marcus Coker in the Haweyes' backfield.
• DE Avery Moss, Corona del Sol (Ariz.) -- Nebraska. The 6-foot-4, 245-pound Tempe native selected Nebraska in front of family and friends. The coveted defender selected the Cornhuskers over Purdue, joining Jared Afalava in announcing for Nebraska at the Semper Fidelis All American Bowl.