This week on The Hockey News Podcast, with senior writers Ken Campbell, Ryan Kennedy and Matt Larkin:
- Andrew Shaw retires at 29 because of concussions. Will we keep seeing more players leave the game before their 30s because of head trauma?
- Jakob Chychrun leads all defensemen with 16 goals. Has he entered the Norris Trophy chat?
- Cole Caufield finally debuts in the NHL. What's his long-term ceiling?
- Patrick Roy wants back into the NHL as a coach or executive. What role, if any, suits him best?
- The Minnesota Wild have won seven straight games. Are they a Stanley Cup threat despite sharing a division with the superpowered Vegas Golden Knights and Colorado Avalanche?
- After the Nova Scotia government forces the cancellation of the Women's World Championship due to COVID-19 concerns, the IIHF admits it had no backup plan. Understandable or inexcusable?
- Listener mailbag, including: Who gets a higher AAV on his next contract – Brady Tkachuk or Andrei Svechnikov?
Listen on Spotify
Listen on IHeartRadio
Listen on Google Podcasts