Stay up to date on the latest MLB news and rumors this off-season.
The off-season hot stove is warming up with trade rumors and free agency decisions coming down the pipeline.
The rumor mill has picked back up after a brief lull when the passage of a new collective bargaining agreement was in question, but now that the new CBA is in place, free-agent dealings have commenced.
Keep up to date on the latest MLB news and rumors below:
• Jansen reportedly had an offer from the Nationals before “going with his heart” and signing with the Dodgers. (Marly Rivera, ESPN)
• The Padres have agreed to a $3 million deal with Cuban right-handed pitcher Michael Baez. The 20-year-old has a fastball in the 93 to 97 mph range. (Jesse Sanchez, MLB.com)
• Before the Nationals acquired Adam Eaton, they reportedly discussed a deal with the Rangers for Jurickson Profar. Had Washington acquired Profar, they would have played him at shortstop and kept Trea Turner in center field. Joe Ross was among the named that was discussed in the deal before the Nationals walked away. (Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports)
• The Yankees have signed infielder Ruben Tejada to a minor league deal. (Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com)
• The Los Angeles Dodgers and third baseman Justin Turner are closing in on four-year deal. (Buster Olney, ESPN.com)
• The Los Angeles Angels acquired middle infielder Danny Espinosa from the Washington Nationals for two minor league pitchers.
• Baltimore Orioles are focused on bringing back right fielder Mark Trumbo and don't appear to be interested in free-agent slugger Chris Carter (Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com)
• The Blue Jays and free-agent outfielder Jose Bautista remain in contact about a potential contract (Jon Paul Morosi, MLB.com)
• Free-agent reliever Greg Holland are engaged in talks with contending teams, including the Dodgers. (Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports)