The Tampa Bay Rays dominated the New York Yankees in the shortened season but it was a different story in Game 1 of the ALDS.
On Monday night Giancarlo Stanton broke open the game with a 9th inning grand slam and the Yankees defeated the Rays 9-3. The Yankees have now hit 11 home runs in their first 3 playoff games this year. That's the most in a 3-game span in postseason history.
New York now has a 1-0 lead in the best-of-five series. Game 2 is set for Tuesday night.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- MAQB: Insight Into Bill O'Brien's Firing and Quarter-Season Awards Around the NFL
- NFL Rumors: Austin Ekeler Expected to Miss 4-6 Weeks With Hamstring Strain
- Q&A: NJPW’s ‘Switchblade’ Jay White on G1 Climax, NBA Finals and More
- Supreme Court Allows Minor Leaguers' Class-Action Lawsuit Over Pay
- Jimmy Butler's Performance Reminds Us of LeBron in the 2015 NBA Finals
- Ron Rivera on Coaching Through Final Weeks of Cancer Treatment: 'It's Who I Am'
- Jerry Seinfeld Has a Great Reason for Not Wanting To Buy the Mets: TRAINA THOUGHTS