The Eagles Trade Up, and Part II of the Mock Draft Special
Trades! So many trades!
Well, two trades, including the latest one between the Eagles and Browns, which screwed up Part I of our Mock Draft special. So Andy and I discuss just what the presumed Carson Wentz-to-the-Eagles maneuvering means for Philly, who will enter training camp with a 14-way QB controversy (though Andy scoffs at the notion that anyone’s beating out Wentz).
Then we dive into the second part of our mock draft (along with some tweaking to Part I).
If you missed Part I, you should feel terrible about yourself and I should make you listen to the whole thing (you can, right here, you know). But since I’m a thoughtful gent, I’ll give you the run down of the top-10 picks from the last episode…
1. Los Angeles Rams: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State (yes, Andy and I both think Wentz is the better prospect, though we fully expect L.A. to go Goff)
2. Philadelphia Eagles: Jared Goff, QB, California
3. San Diego Chargers: Joey Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State
4. Dallas Cowboys: DeForest Buckner, DL, Oregon
5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State
6. Baltimore Ravens: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
7. San Francisco 49ers: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
8. Cleveland Browns: Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson (an MMQB PodMock favorite)
10. New York Giants: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
There. Happy? Now, dive right in and listen as Andy and I discuss team needs and assign prospects to the teams picking 11 through 20.
Plus, we offer a halfhearted apology to the Browns’ offensive line, I trigger hot take sirens with my thoughts on the 2016 Bears, and Andy explains the challenges facing Rex Ryan’s old and new (well, current) teams. Plus, landing spots for two more of Andy’s Film Room pals: Reggie Ragland and Shaq Lawson.
Follow us on SoundCloud, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher, or, I guess, just find us on this site every week. And if you have any specific nonsense you’d like us to discuss in an upcoming podcast, or if you just want to tell us how much you love or despise us, hit me and/or Andy up on Twitter.
As always, thanks for listening...
Question or comment? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.