Well, we’ve done something regrettable. We managed to put together a first-round mock draft that didn’t include Ezekiel Elliott. We just couldn’t find a team that desperately needed him.
I was panicked, but Andy not so much. After all, we felt good about the players we assigned everywhere else. And we were brave enough to make a pick for the Patriots, with the 60th overall pick. Now that’s good mocking.
Once again, if you missed the first two episodes of the Mock Draft Trilogy you’re killing me. Just taking… money off my kids’…. plates. But if you’re too lazy to go back and listen, here’s how the first 20 picks played out: Here’s Part I, and here’s Part II…
1. Los Angeles Rams: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State (yes, Andy and I both think Wentz is the better prospect, though we fully expect L.A. to go Goff)
2. Philadelphia Eagles: Jared Goff, QB, California
3. San Diego Chargers: Joey Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State
4. Dallas Cowboys: DeForest Buckner, DL, Oregon
5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State
6. Baltimore Ravens: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
7. San Francisco 49ers: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
8. Cleveland Browns: Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson (an MMQB PodMock favorite)
10. New York Giants: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
11. Chicago Bears: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
12. New Orleans Saints: Mackenzie Alexander, CB, Clemson
13. Miami Dolphins: Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
14. Oakland Raiders: A’Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
15. Tennessee Titans: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
16. Detroit Lions: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
17. Atlanta Falcons: Shaq Lawson, DL, Clemson
18. Indianapolis Colts: Cody Whitehair, G, Kansas State
19. Buffalo Bills: Leonard Floyd, EDGE, Georgia
20. New York Jets: Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
Now you know everything you need to know to get started on the thrilling conclusion: Mock Draft Episode III.
Follow us on SoundCloud, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher, or, I guess, just find us on this site every week. And if you have any specific nonsense you’d like us to discuss in an upcoming podcast, or if you just want to tell us how much you love or despise us, hit me and/or Andy up on Twitter.
As always, thanks for listening...
Question or comment? Email us at email@example.com.