Plus, curious hires for the Bills and Chargers, and listener mail including questions on the QB searches in San Francisco and Cleveland
Our new Thursday show, The 10 Things: NFL Look Ahead Podcast, previewing the weekend’s games and much more. We’ll be back in your feed with our regular episodes on Monday. Subscribe to The MMQB: 10 Things Podcast and it will be waiting in your feed first thing Monday morning. (For non-subscribers, there is sometimes a lag.)
If you missed Monday’s show, breaking down divisional round weekend, it’s right here! As for this week’s Look Ahead...
Also, apologies for the sound quality; for the second straight show, Andy recorded from the bottom of a well. (Or Mobile, Alabama.)
As always, Andy and I are very available through social media channels. Send us a question, and we might answer it in a future mailbag:
Thanks for listening, you are the best, and please leave a review on iTunes if you like the show!
This week’s Look Ahead show:
• Can Sean McVay save Jared Goff? Plus, Wade Phillips’ impact with a talented D — 1:46
• Anthony Lynn keeps Ken Whisenhunt, but Gus Bradley running the D is the really interesting move for the Chargers — 9:12
• Sean McDermott and OC Rick Dennison bring wildly different philosophies to Buffalo, the franchise that will never admit it needs a rebuild — 14:35
• Vance Joseph to Denver, bringing Mike McCoy and Bill Musgrave to rebuild the offense — 26:03
• Doug Marrone and OC Nathaniel Hackett stay on in Jacksonville to try to rebuild Blake Bortles — 30:07
• The Mailbag: Can Falcons generate pressure on Tom Brady? Why do the Colts insist on using power running and deep drops considering their shaky O-line? Why do teams line up with fullbacks out wide? What would Kyle Shanahan be looking for in the 49ers’ next QB? Any update on the Browns’ QB search? — 33:49